Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Apollo Beach Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Strategies to Reduce Stress While Moving
When it involves declaring bankruptcy there are lots of points that you ought to do and shouldn't do before filing. Firstly the Bankruptcy Court calls for people that are applying for bankruptcy to be entirely truthful and also ahead of time in every little thing they do. Any indiscretion can wind up in the dismissal of the insolvency discharge placing the specific back in fair video game for the creditors. An individual ought to actually take a seat with a bankruptcy lawyer as well as talk about the do's as well as do n'ts before the bankruptcy declaring to earn certain they have a complete understanding of just what's needed of them. When it involves taking care of the federal government it's even more of a do as I state then do as I do situation. Although it is very important to be honest with the court, it's occasionally quite difficult to comprehend this requirement with all the corruption in the federal government firms. The federal government keeps discussing how transparent they are while at the same time all these detractions continuously appear showing the complete opposite.Even though the
insolvency lawyer informs their clients just what to do, it seems that many of them just do not listen and also wind up entering some type of problem. A person declaring insolvency ought to quit investing in their charge card immediately upon the decision to file. Generally of thumb, 90 days is a good amount of time however six months is much far better before filing the personal bankruptcy petition. The financial institution could object to the bankruptcy filing if they think the borrower was filling their cards prior to filing.One mistake many individuals make before submitting personal bankruptcy is borrowing loan from their 401 (k)or retired life plan to pay financial debts. Although this is honorable to get some of this loan to pay off a couple of expenses, it is silly to obtain money from their retirement that is secured by insolvency exception regulations. If the person doesn't have sufficient cash to completely pay the financial obligations off with this kind of plan, they might just finish up submitting Phase 7 personal bankruptcy after they melt through their retirement. After that there are left insolvent as well as bad with no retired life whatsoever. One more thing also happens in this scenario, the personal bankruptcy court checks out this newly found money as revenue and also taking these funds could make the person unable to get Chapter 7 insolvency. For these people it can be a dual whammy versus them. They shed their retired life as well as currently they do not even certify to submit Phase 7 personal bankruptcy when they truly have to. If they only would have listened to their attorney and really did not explore their retirement account.Another typical incident occurs when somebody is filing bankruptcy due to loss of a task.
Occasionally they will certainly look for job out of state or maybe also have to move with a far-off relative as a result of the absence of funds. When an individual is submitting insolvency, they should file in the state in which they live. In the past, many people used to removal to a state that would certainly profit them in their bankruptcy filing. They would certainly check all the personal bankruptcy exception regulations as well as transfer to the state that secured one of the most amount for their specific circumstance. Currently, after modifications to the bankruptcy code, a person needs to reside in the state for six months prior to submitting insolvency to use the bankruptcy exception legislations of that state. You can't move temporarily to gain from the personal bankruptcy filing.It's ideal to speak with an insolvency lawyer when things begin getting hard and also talk about a feasible action with the attorney. In some cases it could be in one's finest passion to stay where they're at up until the bankruptcy declaring is complete. If a person needs to move for work as well as remains in a hurry, do not fret, they can still declare personal bankruptcy in the state they're moving to, they just could not have the ability to utilize the bankruptcy exemptions for the state they're relocating to. They will have to either utilize the federal bankruptcy exemptions or the state exceptions from where they relocated from.In today's economy, we are seeing numerous people removaling cross nation trying to find job. Sometimes people believe
the lawn is greener on the other side of the fence and believe they can prevent declaring personal bankruptcy if they could just discover a possibility. They only discover that points are equally as bad everywhere and also the insolvency is still required. The finest recommendations is to talk about the circumstance with the insolvency attorney before any kind of relocations are made.