Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Crestview Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Gifts for Neighbors Who are Moving Away
When it comes to filing for personal bankruptcy there are several things that you should do as well as should not do prior to declaring. Most importantly the Personal bankruptcy Court needs people that are applying for bankruptcy to be totally honest and upfront in whatever they do. Any kind of indiscretion can wind up in the dismissal of the bankruptcy discharge placing the specific back in reasonable video game for the creditors. An individual should really rest down with a bankruptcy attorney and also review the do's and also do n'ts before the personal bankruptcy declaring making certain they have a complete understanding of just what's required of them. When it comes to handling the government it's more of a do as I say after that do as I do scenario. Although it's vital to be truthful with the court, it's in some cases pretty difficult to comprehend this requirement with all the corruption in the government companies. The federal government keeps speaking concerning how transparent they are while at the same time all these detractions remain to come out showing the complete opposite.Even though the
bankruptcy attorney informs their clients just what to do, it appears that several of them just do not pay attention and end up obtaining in some kind of trouble. Somebody filing personal bankruptcy need to quit investing on their bank card when the decision to file. As a rule of thumb, 90 days is an excellent quantity of time however 6 months is better previous to filing the bankruptcy petition. The lender could dispute the personal bankruptcy filing if they believe the borrower was packing their cards prior to filing.One mistake lots of people make previous to filing insolvency is borrowing loan from their 401 (k)or retirement to pay debts. Although this is noble to get some of this cash to repay a few expenses, it is silly to borrow money from their retirement that is safeguarded by insolvency exemption laws. If the person doesn't have adequate loan to totally pay the financial debts off with this type of plan, they might simply wind up filing Phase 7 insolvency after they burn with their retired life. After that there are left insolvent and bad without any retirement at all. One more thing likewise takes place in this scenario, the insolvency court checks out this newly found cash as revenue as well as taking these funds might make the individual unable to get Phase 7 insolvency. For these people it could be a double whammy versus them. They lost their retirement as well as currently they don't even certify to submit Phase 7 insolvency when they truly have to. If they just would have heard their attorney as well as didn't explore their retirement account.Another usual occurrence occurs when somebody is submitting insolvency as a result of loss of a task.
Often they will look for work out of state or perhaps even need to removal with a far-off family members member due to the fact that of the lack of funds. When a person is filing bankruptcy, they should file in the state in which they reside. In the past, numerous individuals used to transfer to a state that would benefit them in their insolvency declaring. They would examine all the personal bankruptcy exception legislations and also relocate to the state that safeguarded the most amount for their individual situation. Currently, after changes to the insolvency code, a person needs to stay in the state for six months before filing insolvency to utilize the insolvency exemption legislations of that state. You can not move temporarily to take advantage of the personal bankruptcy filing.It's ideal to get in touch with a personal bankruptcy attorney when things start obtaining difficult and also review a feasible relocation with the attorney. Often it could be in one's benefit to remain where they're at till the personal bankruptcy filing is full. If someone needs to removal for work and also remains in a rush, don't fret, they can still apply for bankruptcy in the state they're transferring to, they simply might not have the ability to utilize the bankruptcy exceptions for the state they're relocating to. They will need to either use the government insolvency exceptions or the state exceptions where they relocated from.In today's economic situation, we are seeing lots of people removaling cross country looking for job. Occasionally people believe
the turf is greener on the other side of the fencing and assume they could stay clear of filing bankruptcy if they could just find a possibility. They only locate out that things are equally as poor everywhere and also the personal bankruptcy is still necessary. The finest guidance is to go over the situation with the bankruptcy attorney before any moves are made.