Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Fort Myers Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Strategies to Reduce Stress While Moving
Relocating storage units are the most current participant into the storage space industry. These devices stand for a merging of storage space as well as logistics solutions. Unlike in the situation of standard self storage space devices, where one needs to take one's possessions to the unit, here store devices are sent to the customer's residence. The client can save the things in the system and maintain it anywhere she or he suches as - in the yard itself, in the warehouse, or in a various area as defined by the consumer. Basically, these are mobile or portable shop units readily available for hire.In lots of aspects, moving storage devices are comparable to standard units. As an example, storehouse owners do not permit explosives or weapons to be stored in the units; or several of these devices are climate managed, and temperature level delicate things like wines could be stored in them. Nonetheless, mobility of the devices is a vital aspect. The adhering to are some pointers for picking as well as using moving storage units.Mobile Storage space versus Self Storage space Lots of people are confused whether to go with a mobile store unit or a self storage space system. Mobile shop systems could be costlier compared to self storage units-though not by much. Nevertheless, these systems offer even more convenience and comfort to the consumers. One does not need to pack all the things, take it to the store devices, and placed all the products once more into store room. One could save a couple of rounds of packing as well as unpacking by employing a mobile shop unit.This is not to recommend that removaling storage units are a lot more beneficial than the standard self storage units. Both have their very own benefits. Ultimately the choice depends on the saving requirements of the customer, things to be saved, most likely period of storage, and monetary capability of the customer.For Moving Plans One specific location where mobile store systems are
undoubtedly much better than conventional shop devices is moving. As the organisation of mobile units provides a solution that is both storing and moving, it gives a hassle-free and also adaptable alternative for people that are intending to relocate. They could employ an unit, keep their items in the system, demands the store supervisor to keep the device in a safe location, and also set off to the new place with very little travel luggage. This permits them to find a new home conveniently in the new place.The Lease Framework of Moving Storage Units In the case of mobile store units, there are 3 kinds of rents,
in contrast to the only one type of rent in the case
of standard shop units. The first is the delivery charge when the workers of the warehouse supply the empty device or systems at the consumer's house. The second is the regular rental fee, and also the 3rd is the shipment fee at location. The 3rd one is not appropriate if the consumer maintains the unit at his/her own house.How to Find an Excellent Portable Storage space System Not all storage services provide relocating storage space systems. The very best way to find companies that supply this service is to examine the net. There are some on the internet directories specifically for mobile store units that offer location-specific details of such systems.