Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Holder Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Tips For Hiring Moving Storage Units
When individuals removal to a new home, they in some cases discover that they do not have enough space to bring all of their belongings with them. Preparing for a storage center may seem like an additional trouble on top of the anxieties of moving, however the excellent information is that there are lots of alternatives offered. Storage space companies are basically big stockrooms or lockups that you could lease, as well as they range in dimension from a box space to a location big enough to keep a total house. Doing your study and also assessing your storage space needs before you start speaking to business at arbitrary is the finest method to find the appropriate storage space alternative and firm for you.If you find on your own in the placement of having to move out of your old house before your new house prepares to relocate into, storage space can be extremely practical. It conserves you the trouble of needing to exercise just what to do with your points while you are in this shift duration. This can likewise provide you a location to store your items while you are choosing whether to removal them into your new house or whether to market them.Storage centers are likewise great choices when you find yourself with way too much furnishings however no place to put it, because while cellars and also garages ready alternatives for short-term storage, the typically aren't protected in the majority of instances versus the aspects as well as might not be guaranteed against crashes, i.e. floodings and also fires.While it is feasible for your valuables to be damaged in storage,
this is very not likely, considering that you'll be provided a listing of valuables that you're examining in and also you should take the chance to examine during that time that everything is protected, closed and stacked or positioned well. It is always a smart idea to research study storage space firms by phone as well as in person if possible. Ask concerns like, what does it cost? access will I have to my furnishings as well as possessions? Just how much notice will I should offer when I vacate my storage space? How safe and secure are your storage areas? Is there a deposit called for, and what does it cost? is the monthly rent?Moving can be stressful, and also finding a storage space solution might seem like an included stress and anxiety, yet with a little
research and also a little browsing, you will certainly have the ability to discover a storage remedy that is ideal for you and also for your situation. This will certainly give you with added tranquility of mind throughout your step.