Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Homosassa Springs Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving and Storage
Your children have played together. Both hubbies coordinated and also erected that wood fencing in between your houses and also installed an entrance in between the two backyards. This neighbor has been your dearest close friend. You have actually shared raising your youngsters, she considered that great blooming bush out front, and you also shared your household recipes with her. Now they are relocating. It is like a part of your family members is crossing the country.You have both
said you will remain in touch with each various other. You'll compose and also she'll write. There will be the occasional telephone call backward and forward. You intend to provide her a gift that will have some unique significance of your life with each other or will certainly continue the closeness you have. Your neighbor likewise has her hands busy with packing. You wish to give her something that will help. So, what do you do you offer to your dearest neighbor?I have a few suggestions. Perhaps a few of these will certainly be simply right.-If you are
better at chatting than writing, after that remain in touch with call. Acquisition a cross country business card to stay connected. Discover a card with an image of the plant she gave you, or more houses side by side, or other icon of your friendship.-Your next-door neighbor will certainly should notify every person of her address adjustment. Choose up a Mail address modification packet at the message office as well as submit her old as well as brand-new addresses for her.-Get a new personal digital assistant and also have all the next-door neighbors add
their details it.-Go through your old photos and assembled an image book of all
the moments you've shared together.-As a remembrance of your lengthy long-term friendship, get a plant or tiny tree for your next-door neighbor to plant in her new yard.-Find or create a poem of your relationship, type or do calligraphy on stationery as well as framework it to
be hung in her brand-new home.-Find a door floor covering with their surname inscribed on it.-If your neighbor has a canine, get a new dog tag with his name and also new address and phone number.-Get a rather box of stationery, stamp each envelope and also write your address on each.-If it's going to be a lengthy journey in the cars and truck to their brand-new town, created a barbecue basket with all the goodies that the family members likes.-When they show up, your next-door neighbors are going to have their hands complete with unboxing. Put together a basket of canned meats, cheese, and also crackers that will certainly assist on a tired night.-Get gift vouchers from national pizza parlors,
quick secure areas. This will certainly assist for the trip as well as those nights of unpacking.