Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Labelle Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Doing Business Across Cultures and Borders
If you are intending to buy a delivery container, you might question exactly what rate you will certainly need to pay. You could even go to your computer to do a little pre-shopping online. There is a great chance, though, that you will have a tough time finding concrete solution to your question concerning rates. Shipping containers costs are not easily available since they vary and are be dependent after quite a couple of elements including exactly what alterations have been made to them.A twenty-foot steel storage container is one of one of the most generally utilized container designs. These mobile containers are helpful for shipping big lots, giving house storage space options, as well as housing local business such as food suppliers. These containers are additionally wonderful for a person that is moving cross nation or overseas. The cost for a new, fundamental version of a twenty-foot container is around 2,000. When alterations, e.g. an extra door, a lock box, a refrigeration feature, a new paint task, or insulation, are included the rate might be practically dual at regarding 3,800. If you desire to get a used twenty-foot container you could anticipate to pay as much as 1,500 for a standard and also around 2,500 for one with some changes. If you are getting you could obviously make self modifications. A twenty-foot service will certainly cost anywhere in between 50 as well as 90 dollars per month. There may be a 50 to 100 dollar distribution fee.If you have a big thing like a car, or cumbersome items to ship, a forty-foot steel container could be perfect for you. A forty-foot container is a great deal and also has a few of the very best land based usages consisting of structure affordable housing. For two times the size of a twenty-foot, a basic forty-foot container expenses between 2,500 as well as 5,000. Adjustments may include as long as 1,000 to 1,500 to this price. A used variation of this container markets for as reduced as 1,750, while a variation with several alterations may cost around 3,700. A forty-foot storage container is not as good of an offer when it is rented out. Probably because it is more challenging to move, it is typical that merchants bill a distribution charge of in between 100 and 300 dollars. The cost of leasing a forty-foot container is usually between 100 and 300 each month. There is, obviously, a minimum rental period. This minimal rental duration might be anywhere from six to eighteen months.All of these
costs are based upon what people have asserted to pay for usual containers dimensions. It is tough to find actual rates without getting a quote given that there are so numerous elements that impact rates. Several of these variables consist of container age, adjustments such as pull-down doors or home windows. The very best way to locate out a guaranteed price is to get in touch with a variety of companies with your specs as well as obtain quotes on new, utilized and rented variations of the container you want. If you select to go shopping online, many on the internet sellers, such as Aztec Containers, offer a web link on their web site for to obtain a quote.