- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Lacoochee Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Tips For Hiring Cheap Moving Pods
Relocating is not just a demanding procedure, it can additionally be a very expensive one. If you make use of expert moving companies, the complete cost can vary from around $1,000 (for a little, regional action) to greater than $20,000 (for a huge, cross-country or global action).
Here a couple of pointers on conserving loan on your step:
- Produce a spending plan. Use a budget plan to detail all the costs of your future step, including all the line products from any quotes you get. After that utilize this as a preparation device to choose the best deal at the very best cost.
- Lose some weight. Most of the expense is owned by the weight of the products transported. That indicates that eliminating items from your move (especially hefty products like old furniture as well as books) could reduce the last tab dramatically. Objective to decrease the overall by 1/3.
- Get at least 3 at home price quotes. Having trusted companies compete for your company does two things: it aids you discuss the most affordable price as well as it explains solutions that might not be necessary for your scenario. Utilize this process to identify your finest alternative.
- Enjoy your vehicle rental price quote like a hawk. Make sure you take out your calculator and totally approximate the price of the base service, mileage, fuel, fees and various other charges. You may be surprised as to exactly how high the last total amount could be. Make certain to look around and also bargain the finest cost.
- Take into consideration alternatives. Consider "you load" moving services, where you tons as well as discharge the relocating container on your own as well as only pay for the real transportation prices. This is a fantastic option if you can encourage family and friends to aid with the physical moving of boxes and also furnishings.
- Hold a garage sale. Yes, I realize this seems foolish. You are pushed for time as well as do not think it could elevate much cash. Nevertheless, by marketing off items you'll no longer require in your brand-new area, you'll reduce the cost of your step AND placed from several hundred to over a thousand bucks in your pockets.
- Seek free removaling boxes. New moving boxes are the very best, however there are choices. This set is tricky for two factors: the wrong type of boxes could break or bring dirt and bugs into your new house, so avoid supermarket generate boxes and so on. Rather, try copy paper boxes, your local alcohol shop (their boxes often tend to be very strong), book shops (all their publications can be found in publication boxes as well as bigger) and your neighborhood library. KEEP IN MIND: I suggest you do purchase two type of new boxes: "cell" boxes for holding glasses from the kitchen area and also wardrobe boxes for packing garments, given that they are vital and are tough to discover for complimentary.
Follow these 7 ideas and you'll be well on your way to conserving approximately numerous numerous dollars on your next step or moving.