Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Morriston Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
What to Do If Your Spouse Wants to Move Out
When individuals removal to a brand-new residence, they in some cases find that they do not have enough room to bring every one of their belongings with them. Scheduling a storage space center might feel like an additional problem in addition to the stresses of moving, but the excellent information is that there are several options readily available. Storage firms are generally large warehouses or lockups that you could rent out, and also they vary in size from a box area to an area big enough to keep a total residence. Doing your study and also examining your storage space needs prior to you begin getting in touch with business randomly is the very best way to locate the appropriate storage space choice and also company for you.If you discover on your own in the placement of needing to vacate your old residence before your brand-new home is ready to move into, storage space could be extremely practical. It saves you the difficulty of having to work out what to do with your things while you remain in this shift duration. This can also provide you a place to keep your personal belongings while you are deciding whether to move them into your new home or whether to market them.Storage centers are additionally good alternatives when you locate on your own with excessive furnishings but no place to put it, because while basements and also garages ready choices for short term storage, the typically aren't protected in the majority of instances versus the elements as well as might not be insured against mishaps, i.e. floods and also fires.While it is feasible for your personal belongings to be harmed in storage space,
this is extremely unlikely, considering that you'll be given a listing of items that you're signing in as well as you should take the chance to check back then that everything is protected, covered as well as piled or placed well. It is always a great concept to study storage companies by phone as well as personally ideally. Ask concerns like, what does it cost? access will I need to my furniture and also valuables? What does it cost? notification will I require to offer when I leave my storage room? How protected are your storage spaces? Is there a down payment called for, as well as what does it cost? is the monthly rent?Moving can be difficult, and also discovering a storage space remedy might appear like an added stress, however with a little
research study as well as a little looking, you will certainly have the ability to discover a storage space option that is best for you and for your circumstance. This will certainly give you with added satisfaction during your relocation.