Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Myakka City Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving and Storage Options
Portable on demand relocating containers are more recent relocating and storage space things that several relocating companies offer. As opposed to organizing for a relocating truck to pack, drive and unload your belongings, people can pick the cheaper, extra versatile course. Home owners can lease covering relocating containers that provide the choice of packing and also filling household items themselves as opposed to paying moving companies to do the job.Many removaling firms now provide these mobile storage space devices to make sure that individuals have the option of relocating conveniently as well as financially. One such company, Pack-Rat ® has devices that are roomy storage space units that are readily available for people who require to relocate a great deal of products. There are 2 charitable sizes offered to choose from: 12 feet and 16 feet storage systems. Twelve feet containers can stand up to 2 rooms of furniture and sixteen feet containers could hold three or 4 rooms.As with all portable storage space units, free quotes are generally available to provide consumers a concept of just how much each pod expenses. Pack-Rat ® containers are the only cash back guaranteed cases on the marketplace, so clients can feel great they are getting an effective item. The containers could be delivered to customers within 24 Hr, so there is no extensive wait time.Pack-Rat ® vessels are made to keep their consumer's valuables safe and secure throughout the entire relocating process.
The steel container is constructed to keep the whole structure from getting harmed from vandals or the aspects. Not too numerous thieves will be vibrant sufficient to damage a steel container, however they can not get in even if they try.The consumer is the only one who has the vital and also nobody else can access the container either at your home or in Pack-Rat's ® storage space center. Individuals can concentrate on removaling without stressing over if their belongings are fine or not. The unit can be conveniently kept in the driveway or on the garage as customers could load their containers on their own schedule.Pack-Rat ® husk relocating containers use their consumers a lot of area as well as adaptability to deal with. The systems are secure, environment regulated and also sufficient to hold a huge quantity of furnishings and boxes
. Lots of people gravitate towards sheathing containers due to the means the units are stored and also moved while remaining level the whole time. Homeowners could trust their precious personal belongings to a firm that maintains furnishings and also delicate things from damages as well as damage.