Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
New Port Richey Moving Companies – Get Moving!
The two most pricey items a family members may have to move is either an auto or watercraft. Both of these products stand for a completely new collection of difficulties when removaling due to their dimension, due to insurance policy objectives, and also due to their worth. Only a real expert should be relied on when relocating your automobile or your watercraft. It matters not if it is a close distance move, or a cross-country move, these things have to be moved correctly, and there are several safety and security choices to consider for relocating a car or boat.When removaling an auto you have to think about just how you desire it to be removaled. There are a few various alternatives to pick from prior to you make the action. You can trailer your automobile or SUV, or whatever kind of vehicle it is, behind one of the relocating vehicles. This is the many price efficient procedure as well as one of the most preferred. A few of the various other a lot more expensive alternatives take more consideration into the security of the automobile. You can prefer to have it moved in an open-top trailer. This takes the car off the road, and is a little bit much more risk-free after that carrying behind a removaling vehicle, yet will certainly set you back added certainly. The best option for your prized vehicle would certainly be to have it properly relocated a closed trailer. This makes certain nothing from the roadway will certainly touch your car, and also if it is a very pricey car, nobody will certainly understand that it is being moved whatsoever, since the trailer is closed.Moving a boat could be a little tricky.
If you work with a professional business that has relocated boats of any size, then you will not have to stress concerning your watercraft traveling safely. If your boat gets on the water at all times, and also occurs to be huge, this won't be a trouble to relocate in any way. A knowledgeable relocating company will certainly pull your boat from the water for you, prepare it for the roadway journey by covering it as well as making certain every little thing is solid on it, then trailer as well as relocate for you. If your watercraft isn't really a very big boat, you could merely have an insured removaling business trailer it behind one of their automobiles during the relocating process.Because both of these things deserve a lot in worth, it would be irresponsible if you weren't going to employ a licensed and also specialist relocating firm to guarantee your auto or boat shows up to your new destination safely, and in a timely way. With multiple various cost options in mind, your autos or watercrafts could be removaled even on the tightest moving budgets.
Moving and Storage
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.