Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Orange City Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Tips For Hiring Cheap Moving Pods
Removaling is not just a demanding process, it can also be a really expensive one. If you utilize expert movers, the total rate tag could vary from around $1,000 (for a tiny, neighborhood step) to greater than $20,000 (for a large, cross-country or international action).
Here a few pointers on saving cash on your action:
- Create a budget. Use a spending plan to note all the expenses of your forthcoming move, including all the line things from any kind of quotes you obtain. Then utilize this as a preparation device to pick the most effective deal at the most effective price.
- Shed some weight. Many of the expense is owned by the weight of the things moved. That means that removing items from your step (especially heavy things like old furniture as well as publications) could minimize the final tab significantly. Aim to reduce the overall by 1/3.
- Obtain at the very least 3 at home quotes. Having trustworthy firms compete for your company does 2 things: it assists you work out the least expensive rate as well as it explains solutions that may not be needed for your situation. Use this procedure to determine your best alternative.
- View your vehicle rental quote like a hawk. Ensure you take out your calculator and also totally approximate the price of the base service, gas mileage, gas, fees and also various other charges. You could be surprised about how high the final total amount could be. Be certain to go shopping about as well as bargain the very best price.
- Consider options. Check into "you pack" relocating solutions, where you tons and also discharge the removaling container on your own and only pay for the real transportation prices. This is a fantastic alternative if you could encourage loved ones in order to help with the physical moving of boxes as well as furnishings.
- Hold a backyard sale. Yes, I recognize this sounds silly. You are pressed for time as well as don't assume it can increase much loan. However, by selling things you'll no much longer need in your new location, you'll lower the price of your step As Well As put from a number of hundred to over a thousand bucks in your pockets.
- Look for totally free moving boxes. New moving boxes are the very best, however there are options. This is challenging for two factors: the incorrect kind of boxes could damage or bring dust as well as bugs into your new house, so stay away from supermarket generate boxes and so on. Rather, attempt duplicate paper boxes, your regional alcohol shop (their boxes often tend to be really solid), bookstores (all their publications come in book boxes and also larger) and also your regional collection. KEEP IN MIND: I advise you do buy 2 sort of brand-new boxes: "cell" boxes for holding glasses from the kitchen as well as closet boxes for loading garments, because they are indispensable as well as are challenging to find absolutely free.
Follow these 7 ideas as well as you'll be well on your means to saving approximately several numerous bucks on your next step or relocation.