Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Pomona Park Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving and Storage
There are a great deal of relocating business around the globe. Exactly how do you recognize which is the one that will best match your requirements as well as provide you good service all the way? For all you know, removaling could be a difficult phase of life which needs careful preparation and study. When you are shifting or relocating to another place, the very first point on your mind is that your possessions should arrive unscathed, in your brand-new apartment.The post that you
read as well as the ones that are put alongside will certainly lay all your fears to rest, due to the fact that we have in place exceptional devices, tips, recommendations, as well as standards which will inform you just how you might transfer to your brand-new home or workplace without any type of anxiety. Actually you could just take pleasure in the procedure of moving!It is better to allow the professionals as well as moving professionals manage the process of relocating. When you work with a reputed relocating company, you will get top quality solution at a high cost. So, it is smart to conserve some cash in advance so that you might work with a removaling firm pleasantly. Having stated that, you likewise have to think of your budget. After taking into consideration what does it cost? loan you can afford to invest in a moving company you could think of the numerous services you would desire a mover to complete for your relocation. If you have a greater budget you could desire a business that can do just every little thing for you, but if you are on a strict spending plan you may only need a company that will fill, move and also dump while you execute all the packaging and inventories. Your spending plan will certainly aid you determine exactly what sort of solutions you need.We could help your step in your area, do cross-country moves and even move internationally.
We would certainly help you figure out the appropriate kind of relocating business which are acquainted with your area, and are additionally geared up with the knowledge to relocate your valuables promptly. The relocating companies that will certainly provide you the quotes are the ones that are qualified as well as follow by the state and federal guidelines. You can obtain cost-free, no responsibility quotes and price quotes from vehicle transportation business, moving companies, worldwide movers, self moving solutions, storage etc.To make your choice in finding a moving company, ask others around you who have actually utilized such services. This is just one of the finest helps in discovering a relocating firm that does the job, does the work well and on schedule. If you have no idea any individual who has made use of a moving company before, we also have a couple of various other fantastic suggestions as well as ideas for you.To boost your removaling experience and assist you move with attentive planning, we have likewise provided specialized moving guides, storage space overviews, packing guide and also overseas removaling
guide, brimming with tips on exactly how you can care for your valuables when you move. All in all, we have included everything that you would certainly require right from picking a removaling firm to getting the most effective out of it.