Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Port Orange Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving Companies - Get Moving!
Removaling storage space units are the most up to date participant into the storage space industry. These systems represent a merging of storage and also logistics solutions. Unlike when it comes to standard self storage devices, where one needs to take one's possessions to the unit, here shop units are sent to the customer's house. The client could store the things in the system and maintain it anywhere she or he suches as - in the yard itself, in the storehouse, or in a various location as defined by the consumer. In other words, these are mobile or mobile shop systems available for hire.In lots of aspects, moving storage space systems are comparable to traditional systems. For instance, storehouse proprietors do not allow dynamites or guns to be stored in the systems; or several of these devices are climate regulated, as well as temperature sensitive products like wines could be saved in them. Nevertheless, mobility of the devices is an essential variable. The adhering to are some ideas for picking and also making use of relocating storage units.Mobile Storage versus Self Storage Lots of people are puzzled whether to opt for a mobile shop system or a self storage device. Mobile store units could be more expensive than self storage units-though not by a lot. However, these devices provide more convenience as well as ease to the customers. One does not have to load all the products, take it to the shop units, and also put all the items again into keep area. One could conserve 1 or 2 rounds of packaging and also unpacking by employing a mobile store unit.This is not to recommend that relocating storage space systems are extra advantageous compared to the traditional self storage space devices. Both have their own advantages. Eventually the choice depends on the keeping requirements of the consumer, items to be kept, likely duration of storage space, and economic ability of the customer.For Relocation Purposes One specific area where mobile store systems are
most certainly much better than conventional shop systems is relocation. As the company of mobile units supplies a solution that is both storing and also removaling, it gives a practical and also flexible alternative for people that are preparing to relocate. They can work with a system, maintain their possessions in the system, requests the store supervisor to keep the system in a safe place, and also triggered to the brand-new location with marginal luggage. This enables them to discover a new house easily in the new place.The Rental fee Structure of Removaling Storage space Systems In the instance of mobile shop units, there are 3 kinds of rental fees,
as opposed to the only one kind of rental fee in the event
of conventional store systems. The initial is the shipment charge when the employees of the warehouse supply the vacant device or systems at the customer's house. The second is the regular lease, and also the 3rd is the distribution cost at destination. The third one is not suitable if the customer maintains the device at his/her very own house.How to Discover an Excellent Portable Storage space Unit Not all storage companies provide moving storage space systems. The finest method to discover companies that provide this service is to inspect the web. There are some on-line directory sites specifically for mobile shop devices that offer location-specific details of such units.