Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Deerfield Street Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving and Storage Options
If you are intending to buy a shipping container, you could question just what cost you will have to pay. You might even visit your computer to do a little pre-shopping online. There is a likelihood, however, that you will certainly have a difficult time finding concrete response to your inquiry about pricing. Shipping containers costs are not readily available since they vary and also are be reliant after several factors including exactly what modifications have been made to them.A twenty-foot steel storage container is just one of the most frequently made use of container styles. These mobile containers work for shipping huge lots, supplying residence storage options, and housing small companies such as food suppliers. These containers are also wonderful for an individual that is moving cross country or overseas. The price for a new, fundamental variation of a twenty-foot container is around 2,000. When alterations, e.g. an added door, a lock box, a refrigeration function, a brand-new paint work, or insulation, are included the price may be practically double at concerning 3,800. If you intend to get an utilized twenty-foot container you can anticipate to pay as much as 1,500 for a basic and also around 2,500 for one with some alterations. If you are purchasing you could obviously make self alterations. A twenty-foot service will cost anywhere between 50 as well as 90 dollars per month. There might be a 50 to 100 buck distribution fee.If you have a big item like a cars and truck, or large items to ship, a forty-foot steel container might be perfect for you. A forty-foot container is an excellent deal and also has a few of the very best land based usages including structure economical real estate. For twice the size of a twenty-foot, a standard forty-foot container costs between 2,500 and also 5,000. Adjustments may add as high as 1,000 to 1,500 to this cost. A used version of this container markets for as reduced as 1,750, while a variation with a number of alterations may set you back around 3,700. A forty-foot storage container is not as great of a bargain when it is leased. Probably due to the fact that it is harder to relocate, it prevails that sellers charge a shipment cost of in between 100 as well as 300 bucks. The expense of renting a forty-foot container is typically between 100 and 300 per month. There is, naturally, a minimum rental duration. This minimum rental duration could be anywhere from 6 to eighteen months.All of these
costs are accordinged to just what individuals have declared to pay for usual containers dimensions. It is difficult to locate actual costs without getting a quote since there are so several elements that impact pricing. A few of these aspects include container age, modifications such as pull-down doors or windows. The very best way to discover a guaranteed price is to contact a series of firms with your specifications and also get estimates on brand-new, used and also rented variations of the container you want. If you prefer to shop online, lots of on the internet stores, such as Aztec Containers, use a web link on their site for to obtain a quote.