Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Lincoln Park Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving Tips - 5 Money Saving Moving Tips
Relocating storage space units are the most recent entrant right into the storage market. These devices represent a convergence of storage as well as logistics services. Unlike in the instance of traditional self storage space devices, where one needs to take one's personal belongings to the unit, here shop systems are sent out to the consumer's house. The client can keep the items in the unit as well as maintain it anywhere she or he likes - in the yard itself, in the storehouse, or in a different location as defined by the consumer. In other words, these are mobile or portable store units readily available for hire.In lots of elements, moving storage space units resemble conventional systems. For instance, warehouse proprietors do not permit explosives or guns to be saved in the devices; or some of these units are climate controlled, and temperature delicate products like wines could be kept in them. Nevertheless, portability of the units is a vital factor. The following are some ideas for choose as well as utilizing moving storage units.Mobile Storage versus Self Storage Lots of people are perplexed whether to opt for a mobile store device or a self storage unit. Mobile store devices can be more expensive than self storage units-though not by a lot. However, these devices give even more comfort and also comfort to the consumers. One does not need to load all the things, take it to the shop units, and also placed all the things again in to keep room. One can conserve a couple of rounds of packing and unpacking by working with a portable shop unit.This is not to recommend that relocating storage space systems are more advantageous compared to the traditional self storage devices. Both have their own advantages. Eventually the decision depends upon the saving requirements of the consumer, products to be kept, likely duration of storage space, and financial ability of the customer.For Moving Purposes One certain area where mobile store devices are
unquestionably much better compared to traditional store units is relocation. As business of mobile systems provides a service that is both saving as well as removaling, it offers a convenient and flexible choice for individuals who are planning to relocate. They can employ a device, maintain their valuables in the device, requests the store manager to maintain the unit in a refuge, and also established off to the brand-new place with marginal luggage. This allows them to locate a new home easily in the brand-new place.The Rental fee Framework of Removaling Storage Devices When it comes to mobile store systems, there are three type of rental fees,
instead of the just one type of rent in case
of conventional store systems. The first is the distribution fee when the workers of the warehouse supply the vacant unit or devices at the client's house. The 2nd is the typical lease, and also the third is the distribution charge at location. The 3rd one is not suitable if the client keeps the unit at his/her very own house.How to Locate a Good Mobile Storage Device Not all storage space organisations give removaling storage systems. The very best method to discover companies that offer this service is to examine the internet. There are some on-line directories exclusively for mobile shop systems that offer location-specific information of such units.