Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Millburn Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Strategies to Reduce Stress While Moving
Removaling can be a daunting job, whether your new home is across community or across the nation. Advanced preparation is essential. Besides devoting time to arrange and also load your possessions, make certain to deposit time to economically get ready for your action. Adhering to are loan conserving moving ideas:1. Produce a budget and stick to it.It is important to
preserve a spending plan of costs when you removal. Create a checklist of anticipated expenses including boxes, packing products, moving companies, restaurant dishes, hotels, gas, etc. Include a barrier to your budget to make up unexpected expenditures.2.
Employ a mover.Get estimates
from numerous moving firms. Removaling expenses are typically figured out by weight or the variety of rooms, the range between residences, packing as well as unboxing initiatives, as well as the moment of year. Anticipate to pay more during top moving times like throughout the summertime, on weekend breaks, or on holidays. Keep in mind that the most affordable price quote got may not produce the best deal. Testimonial each relocating company's plan completely for coverage of items that are damaged or broken during the move.3.
Load affordably.Even if you choose to work with a
specialist mover, you could reduce a few of the cost by packing as well as unloading on your own. Look around for the ideal deal on packaging products and also tape. Accumulate boxes at the office, your regional food store, as well as from friends and family.4. Limit traveling weight.Since movers commonly bill by weight, make certain to remove unnecessarily heavy things such as containers of modification. Hold a yard sales to obtain rid of extra items. Or, market home items to your local used shop, online or donate them to a charity. Decreasing the overall amount and weight of things will lower your relocating cost.5. Switch off the utilities.Call your cable carrier beforehand to have your solution ended the day you move. Switch off the water heating system and reduced the thermostat. See to it all lights are switched off
. Guarantee windows and doors are secured and also secured to make sure that the location is shielded while empty.Use these loan saving relocating tips to reduce your removaling costs.