Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Mount Royal Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Your children have actually played with each other. Both spouses collaborated and also put up that wooden fencing in between your home or business and set up an entrance in between both lawns. This next-door neighbor has been your beloved close friend. You have actually shared increasing your kids, she considered that great blooming bush out front, as well as you also shared your household recipes with her. Currently they are removaling. It is like a part of your family is crossing the country.You have both
said you will remain in touch with each other. You'll create as well as she'll create. There will certainly be the occasional call to and fro. You intend to give her a gift that will have some unique definition of your life with each other or will certainly continue the distance you have. Your next-door neighbor additionally has her hands active with packaging. You wish to give her something that will assist. So, exactly what do you do you offer to your dearest neighbor?I have a couple of pointers. Maybe several of these will be just right.-If you are
much better at speaking compared to composing, then remain in touch with telephone call. Purchase a long distance calling card to talk. Discover a card with an image of the plant she provided you, or more houses alongside, or various other sign of your friendship.-Your next-door neighbor will should alert everybody of her address change. Pick up a Mail address change packet at the post workplace and also complete her old and also brand-new addresses for her.-Get a brand-new personal digital assistant as well as have all the next-door neighbors include
their information it.-Go through your old pictures and also assembled an image book of all
the times you've shared together.-As a remembrance of your long-term friendship, obtain a plant or tiny tree for your neighbor to plant in her brand-new yard.-Find or write a poem of your relationship, type or do calligraphy on to stationery and also frame it to
be hung in her new home.-Find a door floor covering with their last name inscribed on it.-If your next-door neighbor has a canine, obtain a new pet dog tag with his name as well as new address and phone number.-Get a very box of stationery, stamp each envelope as well as write your address on each.-If it's going to be a lengthy journey in the auto to their new community, assembled a picnic basket with all the rewards that the family members likes.-When they get here, your next-door neighbors are going to have their hands full with unboxing. Created a basket of canned meats, cheese, and also crackers that will certainly assist on a tired night.-Get gift coupons from nationwide pizza shops,
quickly take out locations. This will assist for the trip as well as those nights of unpacking.
Moving Companies - For Better or Worse
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.