Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Somerdale Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Strategies to Reduce Stress While Moving
The two most costly items a family members may need to removal is either an automobile or watercraft. Both of these things represent a totally brand-new set of obstacles when relocating due to the fact that of their size, due to the fact that of insurance purposes, and as a result of their worth. Just a true specialist needs to be trusted when removaling your vehicle or your watercraft. It matters not if it is a close distance relocation, or a cross-country move, these products have actually to be relocated appropriately, as well as there are various security choices to take into consideration for removaling a vehicle or boat.When removaling an auto you have to consider exactly how you desire it to be removaled. There are a few different options to pick from before you make the action. You can trailer your auto or SUV, or whatever kind of car it is, behind one of the removaling trucks. This is one of the most expense reliable process as well as the most prominent. Some of the various other much more costly options take more consideration right into the safety and security of the auto. You can decide to have it relocated an open-top trailer. This takes the vehicle off the road, and is a little extra secure after that lugging behind a moving truck, yet will cost added of training course. The safest option for your prized automobile would certainly be to have it expertly relocated a shut trailer. This makes sure absolutely nothing from the road will touch your auto, and if it is a really costly cars and truck, no person will certainly recognize that it is being removaled at all, since the trailer is closed.Moving a boat could be a little challenging.
If you employ a specialist business that has removaled boats of any size, after that you will not need to worry concerning your boat traveling safely. If your watercraft gets on the water whatsoever times, as well as happens to be large, this will not be a trouble to move in any way. A knowledgeable removaling firm will draw your watercraft out of the water for you, prepare it for the road journey by covering it and also ensuring whatever is solid on it, and afterwards trailer and also removal it for you. If your watercraft isn't really a huge boat, you can simply have an insured relocating firm trailer it behind one of their cars during the relocating process.Because both of these products deserve a lot in value, it would be reckless if you just weren't mosting likely to work with a certified as well as expert relocating company to guarantee your car or boat shows up to your brand-new destination safely, and also in a timely manner. With multiple various cost options in mind, your automobiles or watercrafts could be removaled even on the tightest moving budgets.