Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Somers Point Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving and Storage Companies
When individuals relocate to a brand-new residence, they often discover that they don't have enough area to bring all their ownerships with them. Scheduling a storage center may look like an added headache on top of the tensions of relocating, however the bright side is that there are lots of options readily available. Storage firms are generally huge storehouses or lockups that you could lease, and also they range in size from a box area to an area big enough to save a total house. Doing your research as well as examining your storage space needs before you start contacting companies randomly is the most effective means to locate the right storage space alternative and firm for you.If you locate yourself in the setting of having to vacate your old residence before your new residence is prepared to relocate right into, storage space could be very convenient. It conserves you the problem of having to exercise exactly what to do with your points while you are in this shift period. This could likewise offer you a place to store your items while you are deciding whether to removal them right into your new residence or whether to sell them.Storage facilities are also good alternatives when you locate on your own with excessive furniture yet no place to put it, since while cellars and also garages excel options for short term storage, the typically aren't protected most of the times versus the aspects and also may not be guaranteed versus accidents, i.e. floods and fires.While it is possible for your items to be harmed in storage space,
this is highly not likely, given that you'll be offered a checklist of valuables that you're inspecting in and also you should seize the day to check during that time that every little thing is safe, covered and piled or put well. It is always a great idea to research storage business by phone and also personally ideally. Ask concerns like, just how much access will I have to my furnishings and also belongings? Just how much notification will I should offer when I leave my storage room? Exactly how secure are your storage space spaces? Is there a deposit called for, and also how much is the regular monthly rent?Moving could be difficult, as well as finding a storage space solution may feel like an included tension, but with a little
research study and also a little searching, you will certainly have the ability to locate a storage service that is right for you as well as for your situation. This will give you with included comfort throughout your action.