Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
South River Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Doing Business Across Cultures and Borders
Removaling is not just a stressful procedure, it could likewise be an extremely pricey one. If you use professional movers, the total cost can vary from around $1,000 (for a little, local relocation) to greater than $20,000 (for a large, cross-country or international action).
Below a couple of pointers on conserving cash on your action:
- Produce a spending plan. Make use of a spending plan to provide all the expenses of your forthcoming move, consisting of all the line items from any kind of price quotes you obtain. After that use this as a planning tool to select the very best deal at the most effective price.
- Lose some weight. The majority of the expense is owned by the weight of the things moved. That suggests that removing products from your action (especially heavy things like old furniture and publications) can minimize the final tab substantially. Purpose to minimize the overall by 1/3.
- Access least 3 in-home estimates. Having reputable companies contend for your business does 2 points: it assists you negotiate the lowest rate and it directs out solutions that could not be essential for your scenario. Utilize this process to determine your best alternative.
- Watch your vehicle rental price quote like a hawk. Make certain you pull out your calculator and totally estimate the expense of the base rental, mileage, gas, charges and various other charges. You could be surprised as to just how high the last overall can be. Make certain to shop around and also discuss the ideal cost.
- Think about options. Consider "you load" removaling solutions, where you load and dump the moving container yourself as well as only spend for the real transportation costs. This is a great choice if you can persuade loved ones in order to help with the physical moving of boxes and furniture.
- Hold a garage sale. Yes, I realize this appears foolish. You are pressed for time and also do not believe it could elevate much cash. Nevertheless, by marketing off things you'll no longer require in your brand-new location, you'll minimize the expense of your action As Well As placed from a number of hundred to over a thousand dollars in your pockets.
- Search for free moving boxes. New relocating boxes are the very best, yet there are choices. This set is difficult for two factors: the incorrect type of boxes can damage or bring dirt and also bugs right into your brand-new home, so stay away from grocery shop produce boxes and so forth. Instead, try duplicate paper boxes, your regional alcohol store (their boxes have the tendency to be extremely solid), bookstores (all their publications come in publication boxes and also larger) and your library. KEEP IN MIND: I recommend you do purchase 2 kinds of brand-new boxes: "cell" boxes for holding glasses from the kitchen area as well as closet boxes for packing garments, since they are important as well as are challenging to find free of cost.
Adhere to these 7 suggestions and also you'll be well on your way to saving approximately several numerous dollars on your next move or moving.