Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Clemons Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
How to Wrap Furniture for Moving and Storage
When it concerns filing for bankruptcy there are several points that you should do as well as shouldn't do before declaring. Firstly the Bankruptcy Court requires people that are declaring insolvency to be absolutely honest and in advance in every little thing they do. Any type of indiscretion can end up in the dismissal of the bankruptcy discharge putting the individual back in up for grabs for the lenders. A person needs to really sit down with a bankruptcy lawyer and review the do's and also do n'ts prior to the bankruptcy filing to earn sure they have a full understanding of just what's required of them. When it involves managing the federal government it's more of a do as I say then do as I do situation. Although it is necessary to be honest with the court, it's sometimes quite difficult to comprehend this demand with all the corruption in the government firms. The federal government maintains chatting regarding how clear they are while at the exact same time all these scandals proceed to appear revealing the full opposite.Even though the
bankruptcy lawyer tells their clients what to do, it seems that much of them just do not listen as well as wind up getting in some kind of problem. Someone declaring insolvency must stop investing in their credit history cards instantly upon the choice to file. As a rule of thumb, 90 days is a good amount of time but 6 months is a lot better previous to filing the insolvency request. The creditor could contest the bankruptcy filing if they believe the debtor was filling their cards before filing.One mistake lots of people make before submitting bankruptcy is obtaining loan from their 401 (k)or retirement to pay financial obligations. Although this is noble to grab some of this money to settle a few costs, it is silly to obtain cash from their retirement plan that is protected by insolvency exception regulations. If the individual does not have sufficient loan to entirely pay the financial debts off with this type of strategy, they might simply wind up submitting Chapter 7 bankruptcy after they melt with their retirement. After that there are left insolvent and also inadequate without retired life in all. An additional thing additionally takes place in this scenario, the bankruptcy court considers this newfound loan as income as well as taking these funds might make the person incapable to receive Phase 7 bankruptcy. For these individuals maybe a dual whammy versus them. They lost their retired life as well as currently they do not also qualify to submit Chapter 7 personal bankruptcy when they truly need to. If they only would have heard their attorney as well as really did not explore their retirement account.Another common occurrence takes place when somebody is filing insolvency due to loss of a task.
Often they will certainly look for job out of state or possibly even need to move with a distant member of the family as a result of the absence of funds. When an individual is submitting insolvency, they should file in the state in which they stay. In the past, many individuals utilized to move to a state that would certainly profit them in their personal bankruptcy filing. They would certainly inspect all the insolvency exception legislations and relocate to the state that secured one of the most amount for their individual scenario. Currently, after modifications to the insolvency code, a person has to reside in the state for six months prior to filing insolvency to use the bankruptcy exemption regulations of that state. You can't relocate temporarily to gain from the bankruptcy filing.It's best to consult an insolvency attorney when things begin obtaining difficult and also review a feasible relocation with the attorney. Occasionally it could be in one's finest passion to remain where they're at up until the personal bankruptcy filing is total. If a person has to propose work as well as remains in a rush, do not fret, they could still apply for bankruptcy in the state they're relocating to, they simply might not be able to utilize the bankruptcy exemptions for the state they're relocating to. They will have to either use the government insolvency exemptions or the state exceptions where they moved from.In today's economic situation, we are seeing many individuals removaling cross country trying to find job. Occasionally people think
the grass is greener on the various other side of the fencing and believe they can avoid filing personal bankruptcy if they can just discover an opportunity. They only discover out that points are equally as poor all over as well as the personal bankruptcy is still required. The best recommendations is to talk about the circumstance with the bankruptcy lawyer before any relocations are made.