Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Savannah Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Shipping Containers Prices - What You May Expect to Pay
Portable as needed moving containers are newer moving and storage items that several removaling firms offer. Instead of scheduling a removaling truck to pack, drive as well as unload your possessions, individuals can select the less expensive, much more versatile course. Property owners can rent skin relocating containers that provide the option of packing as well as filling home things themselves rather of paying movers to do the job.Many relocating firms currently provide these portable storage units so that individuals have the choice of relocating easily and also financially. One such company, Pack-Rat ® has units that are spacious storage devices that are readily available for people that should move a great deal of things. There are 2 generous dimensions readily available to pick from: 12 feet and 16 feet storage units. Twelve feet containers can stand up to 2 spaces of furnishings and sixteen feet containers could hold 3 or 4 rooms.As with all mobile storage space systems, free quotes are usually readily available to give customers a concept of just how much each sheath expenses. Pack-Rat ® containers are the only refund assured husks on the marketplace, so customers can really feel certain they are getting an efficient product. The containers can be delivered to consumers within 24 Hr, so there is no extensive delay time.Pack-Rat ® capsules are developed to keep their consumer's valuables risk-free and also safe and secure throughout the entire removaling procedure.
The steel container is constructed to keep the entire framework from getting damaged from vandals or the elements. Few burglars will certainly be bold enough to damage a steel container, but they could not enter even if they try.The customer is the just one who has the crucial and no one else can access the container either at your house or in Pack-Rat's ® storage space center. Individuals could concentrate on moving without bothering with if their prized possessions are alright or otherwise. The device could be conveniently stored in the driveway or on the garage as consumers could load their containers on their own schedule.Pack-Rat ® shell removaling containers provide their clients a lot of space as well as versatility to work with. The systems are protected, environment controlled and also sufficient to hold a big amount of furniture and boxes
. Lots of people incline sheathing containers due to the fact that of the means the units are saved as well as transferred while continuing to be degree during. Homeowners can trust their valuable belongings to a business that maintains furnishings and also delicate things from damages and breakage.