Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
South Lima Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving and Storage Companies
Both most expensive products a family members could should move is either a car or watercraft. Both of these items stand for a completely new set of challenges when relocating as a result of their size, due to insurance policy objectives, and as a result of their well worth. Only a real professional needs to be relied on when removaling your car or your watercraft. It does not matter if it is a close distance move, or a cross-country move, these items need to be removaled effectively, and there are several safety and security options to consider for relocating an auto or boat.When moving an auto you have to consider just how you want it to be relocated. There are a few various options to select from before you make the move. You can trailer your automobile or SUV, or whatever kind of vehicle it is, behind one of the relocating vehicles. This is one of the most expense efficient procedure as well as one of the most popular. Several of the other a lot more expensive alternatives take more factor to consider right into the safety and security of the vehicle. You can select to have it relocated in an open-top trailer. This takes the automobile off the road, and is a bit more risk-free then bring behind a moving truck, but will set you back extra certainly. The most safe choice for your prized automobile would certainly be to have it expertly relocated a shut trailer. This ensures nothing from the roadway will touch your car, as well as if it is a really pricey vehicle, no person will certainly recognize that it is being relocated at all, because the trailer is closed.Moving a watercraft can be a little complicated.
If you work with a specialist company that has relocated watercrafts of any size, after that you won't have to worry concerning your watercraft taking a trip safely. If your boat gets on the water in any way times, and also occurs to be extremely large, this won't be a trouble to relocate in all. A skilled relocating firm will certainly pull your boat out of the water for you, prepare it for the road journey by covering it and also making certain every little thing is strong on it, and afterwards trailer and also removal it for you. If your watercraft isn't a huge boat, you could just have an insured relocating firm trailer it behind one of their vehicles during the relocating process.Because both of these things are worth a lot in worth, it would be careless if you just weren't going to employ a licensed as well as professional moving company to guarantee your automobile or boat gets here to your new location securely, as well as in a timely way. With several various cost alternatives in mind, your autos or watercrafts could be relocated also on the tightest removaling spending plans.