Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Drums Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving Your Family in the Summer
When it involves applying for insolvency there are several points that you ought to do as well as should not do prior to filing. First as well as leading the Insolvency Court requires people that are declaring personal bankruptcy to be entirely honest and also upfront in whatever they do. Any type of indiscretion could end up in the dismissal of the insolvency discharge putting the individual back in up for grabs for the financial institutions. An individual should actually take a seat with a personal bankruptcy attorney and discuss the do's as well as do n'ts before the personal bankruptcy filing to make sure they have a complete understanding of just what's called for of them. When it involves handling the federal government it's even more of a do as I claim then do as I do scenario. Although it is essential to be sincere with the court, it's occasionally quite tough to understand this requirement with all the corruption in the government companies. The federal government keeps talking regarding exactly how clear they are while at the same time all these rumors remain to appear showing the total opposite.Even though the
insolvency lawyer informs their clients exactly what to do, it seems that most of them just do not listen and wind up entering some kind of trouble. A person filing insolvency need to quit investing in their charge card when the decision to submit. As a guideline of thumb, 90 days is a good amount of time yet 6 months is better previous to submitting the bankruptcy petition. The lender could dispute the personal bankruptcy declaring if they believe the debtor was packing their cards before filing.One mistake many individuals make before filing insolvency is obtaining cash from their 401 (k)or retirement to pay financial obligations. Although this is noble to get some of this money to settle a few expenses, it is foolish to obtain cash from their retired life plan that is safeguarded by insolvency exception laws. If the person doesn't have adequate money to completely pay the debts off with this type of plan, they could simply wind up submitting Phase 7 personal bankruptcy after they burn through their retired life. After that there are left bankrupt and also poor without any retired life in all. Another thing also takes place in this circumstance, the bankruptcy court checks out this newly found loan as revenue as well as taking these funds could make the person incapable to get approved for Phase 7 bankruptcy. For these people maybe a double whammy versus them. They shed their retired life and currently they do not even certify to file Chapter 7 insolvency when they actually should. If they just would have heard their lawyer as well as didn't explore their retired life account.Another usual incident happens when someone is submitting personal bankruptcy as a result of loss of a job.
Occasionally they will browse for work out of state or maybe also have to move with a far-off member of the family since of the lack of funds. When an individual is filing bankruptcy, they need to file in the state in which they live. In the past, many individuals utilized to transfer to a state that would certainly benefit them in their bankruptcy filing. They would certainly check all the bankruptcy exception laws and also move to the state that shielded one of the most amount for their private situation. Now, after changes to the personal bankruptcy code, a person needs to reside in the state for six months prior to submitting personal bankruptcy to use the insolvency exemption laws of that state. You can't move temporarily to gain from the personal bankruptcy filing.It's best to seek advice from a personal bankruptcy lawyer when things begin obtaining difficult as well as talk about a possible relocation with the lawyer. Occasionally it could be in one's benefit to remain where they go to until the bankruptcy filing is complete. If somebody has to removal for work and remains in a rush, do not worry, they can still apply for insolvency in the state they're relocating to, they just might not be able to utilize the personal bankruptcy exemptions for the state they're relocating to. They will certainly have to either make use of the federal insolvency exemptions or the state exceptions where they moved from.In today's economic climate, we are seeing many individuals relocating cross country in search of work. Occasionally people think
the grass is greener on the various other side of the fence and also assume they can stay clear of declaring insolvency if they could simply discover a chance. They only find out that things are equally as poor anywhere and the bankruptcy is still essential. The ideal recommendations is to review the situation with the bankruptcy attorney prior to any kind of relocations are made.