Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Hop Bottom Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving Your Family in the Summer
Moving can be really wearisome, particularly if you have a lot of points to move. Evacuating every one of your things, properly, working with a vehicle, packing the vehicle, driving the vehicle to your new house, then discharging the truck once more. It's really taxing and it most likely makes you weary simply thinking about it. Subsequently, many individuals elect to employ expert moving companies to tackle all or the majority of these tasks.The truth is
that, while hiring a moving firm could help you conserve time and also problem, picking the incorrect movers could add up to more pain compared to you wish to think of. To guard on your own and also your valuables, you may wish to consider a couple of points before choosing a company to transport your things.Some indicate take into consideration prior to you choose a relocating firm.1 )Specifically which parts of the move do you desire delegate to the removaling company.Needless to say, anything you require the mover to do will
be reflected in their costs. Possibly one of the most usual circumstance is that people will load their own goods then hire a moving company to tons transport and also discharge all the boxes. Often people, specifically if they might be moving cross-country, will lease a big vehicle as well as utilize a crew to pack their items and pack the vehicle. Then they will own the truck cross-country themselves or even higher a staff at the various other end to unload the truck once again. Naturally others will certainly utilize a moving company to do definitely everything, from packing their goods, packing, delivering as well as unboxing and also removing boxes and also packaging materials at the brand-new area.2)Your budget plan, exchanging cash for convenience.The reality is you could hire a person to do basically anything, for a price
when it concerns moving companies and removaling absolutely nothing might be closer
to the truth. If your funds are limited, you we'll have to balance your funds with a particular amount of sweat equity. Subsequently you might have to execute much of the work yourself and afterwards simply pay the movers to carry out those jobs that are the most challenging. Compare estimates from several moving companies and look for the most practical rate for the work you need done. Note: Constantly examine a removaling companies referrals, similar to many points, the cheapest cost is not always the very best bargain.4 )Is your mover adequately insured to secure your belongings from loss and also damage?You most likely have a lot of cash bought things as well as there is constantly a level
of risk when you relocate them. The expense of an accidental mishap during transport can be enormous. A moving company, also a top rated one, will usually be insured to meet fundamental needs however, if you desire to be fully covered for every scenario, it would certainly be smart to acquire added moving insurance coverage for your total comfort.3)Going the distance.Long-distance moves are an extremely different pet from neighborhood moves. Removaling fars away typically involves greater expenditure and also calls for an extra experienced and appropriately accredited relocating business.
Removaling from one state to another
or district to province is normally not executed by local movers. Long-distance relocations generally need specialized documents in addition to a variety of various other factors to consider special to this kind of action. One essential element of scheduling a long-distance relocating company is the matter of the lead time. A lot of far away movers require advance organizing and will certainly require as much breakthrough notice as feasible.5)Track record is everything particularly when it concerns a moving firm You have actually probably listened to stories concerning individuals's bad experiences with relocating firms. You might have even seen negative moving experiences portrayed in funny films for laughs, yet in the real life there is absolutely nothing funny concerning locating damaged or absent items after the movers have actually ended up and left. in some cases all the insurance on the planet could not change a product that has special nostalgic value. You wish to know that the moving company you pick will deal with all your possessions with the exact same care that you would. It could not be stressed sufficient that the moving firm you select must have the very best recommendations available as well as it is essential for you to do your greatest to figure out everything you can concerning the moving business you choose.Your mover needs to belong to the Better Organisation Bureau and ideally the longer they have actually stayed in business the far better. As it is tough for a moving firm to remain in company for long if they do negative work, usually moving companies who have actually beened around a lengthy time will certainly be a lot more trusted. These days, examining a relocating firms'online reputation and also
history of managing issues is easy to search for by doing a search online along with checking straight with Bbb grievances records.Some last thoughts on choosing the appropriate removaling company.Depending on the value of your properties and also the range will certainly be moving them, you may wish to take into consideration enlisting the services of moving representative. For affordable commission a removaling agent will certainly make a knowledgeable quote of the quantity and also weight of your materials and function as a go between matching your demands as well as budget plan with
a reliable mover, storage space if required, insurance coverage, etc.You can,
obviously do this procedure on your own nonetheless, you will have to prepare yourself before hand with a listing of concerns for the different moving business you will be contacting and a suitable amount of time to carry out extensive interviews with each company.When estimating your insurance policy needs it is very important to keep in mind that many frequently we will certainly ignore the value of our belongings due to the fact that they have actually been acquired over a period of time nonetheless, if you need to experience the misfortune of needing to replace all your points you may remain in for a shock when you understand the cost of replacing every little thing at today's prices.