Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Lake Como Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving and Storage
There are a great deal of moving firms worldwide. Just how do you know which is the one that will ideal match your needs and also give you excellent service right? For all you understand, relocating can be a difficult stage of life which calls for mindful planning as well as research. When you are moving or moving to one more location, the first thing on your mind is that your valuables have to show up in one item, in your new apartment.The article that you
read and also the ones that are put alongside will certainly lay all your worries to relax, since we have in location superb tools, pointers, ideas, and guidelines which will tell you how you can transfer to your new apartment or condo or workplace without any kind of tension. In fact you may simply appreciate the procedure of moving!It is better to allow the experts and moving specialists take care of the procedure of moving. When you employ a reputed relocating company, you will obtain quality service at a high cost. So, it is smart to conserve some money ahead of time to ensure that you might employ a moving firm easily. Having stated that, you also require to consider your budget. After taking into consideration just how much cash you can afford to invest on a mover you could think about the numerous solutions you would desire a moving company to finish for your move. If you have a higher budget you could want a business that can do just whatever for you, however if you are on a stringent spending plan you may just require a firm that will fill, removal as well as unload while you carry out all the packing and also supplies. Your budget will help you determine what type of services you need.We can assist your relocation locally, do cross-country steps and even move globally.
We would certainly aid you figure out the ideal type of relocating business which are acquainted with your location, and also are additionally furnished with the competence to removal your valuables in a timely manner. The moving companies that will certainly give you the quotes are the ones that are qualified as well as comply with the state and federal guidelines. You can break out, no obligation quotes and also estimates from auto transportation companies, relocating firms, worldwide movers, self relocating solutions, storage space etc.To make your option in finding a removaling firm, ask others around you who have made use of such services. This is just one of the most effective aids in discovering a moving business that gets the job done, does the job well and on schedule. If you have no idea anybody who has made use of a moving firm in the past, we additionally have a few other wonderful tips and suggestions for you.To enhance your relocating experience as well as aid you removal with thorough preparation, we have also provided specialized relocating guides, storage overviews, packing overview and overseas removaling
guide, abundant with tips on how you can look after your valuables when you move. In conclusion, we have consisted of everything that you would certainly require right from picking a moving company to getting the very best from it.