Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Pitcher Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Doing Business Across Cultures and Borders
When it involves submitting for insolvency there are many points that you must do and also shouldn't do prior to declaring. First as well as leading the Personal bankruptcy Court requires individuals that are filing for personal bankruptcy to be absolutely honest and in advance in every little thing they do. Any kind of indiscretion can finish up in the termination of the personal bankruptcy discharge placing the individual back in level playing field for the financial institutions. An individual ought to really take a seat with an insolvency lawyer and review the do's and also do n'ts before the bankruptcy filing to make certain they have a full understanding of exactly what's required of them. When it pertains to managing the government it's more of a do as I say after that do as I do situation. Although it is essential to be honest with the court, it's often pretty difficult to comprehend this need with all the corruption in the federal government firms. The federal government keeps discussing how clear they are while at the same time all these scandals remain to appear revealing the full opposite.Even though the
bankruptcy attorney informs their clients exactly what to do, it seems that most of them simply do not listen and also end up getting in some kind of trouble. Somebody declaring personal bankruptcy need to stop investing in their charge card when the choice to file. Generally of thumb, 90 days is a good amount of time but 6 months is much far better before submitting the bankruptcy petition. The lender could oppose the insolvency declaring if they think the borrower was loading their cards prior to filing.One error many individuals make before submitting bankruptcy is obtaining loan from their 401 (k)or retired life strategy to pay debts. Although this is noble to get hold of several of this cash to pay off a few costs, it is crazy to obtain money from their retirement that is protected by bankruptcy exemption legislations. If the individual does not have adequate money to completely pay the debts off with this type of strategy, they might just finish up submitting Phase 7 personal bankruptcy after they burn through their retirement. Then there remain insolvent and also poor with no retirement in all. An additional thing additionally takes place in this circumstance, the personal bankruptcy court considers this newfound money as earnings and also taking these funds may make the person not able to certify for Phase 7 bankruptcy. For these individuals it can be a dual whammy versus them. They lost their retirement and also currently they don't even certify to submit Chapter 7 personal bankruptcy when they actually should. If they only would have heard their lawyer and didn't go into their retirement account.Another typical incident happens when someone is filing insolvency due to loss of a job.
Sometimes they will certainly search for job out of state or perhaps even need to move with a remote member of the family since of the lack of funds. When an individual is filing insolvency, they require to file in the state in which they reside. In the past, lots of people made use of to transfer to a state that would profit them in their insolvency filing. They would inspect all the insolvency exception legislations as well as relocate to the state that safeguarded the most amount for their individual scenario. Currently, after adjustments to the personal bankruptcy code, an individual has to live in the state for six months prior to submitting insolvency to use the personal bankruptcy exemption legislations of that state. You can't relocate briefly to take advantage of the personal bankruptcy filing.It's ideal to consult a personal bankruptcy attorney when things begin obtaining challenging and talk about a possible action with the lawyer. Often it could be in one's best rate of interest to remain where they go to up until the insolvency declaring is complete. If a person needs to propose job as well as remains in a rush, do not worry, they could still submit for bankruptcy in the state they're transferring to, they simply might not be able to use the insolvency exemptions for the state they're removaling to. They will have to either utilize the federal insolvency exemptions or the state exceptions where they relocated from.In today's economic climate, we are seeing lots of people relocating cross nation looking for work. Often people believe
the grass is greener on the various other side of the fencing as well as think they could stay clear of filing personal bankruptcy if they could simply find an opportunity. They only locate out that things are equally as poor everywhere and also the bankruptcy is still essential. The very best advice is to go over the scenario with the bankruptcy lawyer before any type of moves are made.