Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Pitcher Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Strategies to Reduce Stress While Moving
I get a great deal of emails from individuals who remain in a panic that their partner is mosting likely to (or wants to) removal out. Apart from actually obtaining offered with divorce papers, this is the circumstance which strikes one of the most fear into your heart. It's totally reasonable to think that them vacating is the start of the end of the marital relationship. And, it's typical to worry that as soon as your spouse vacates, you'll not have access to them to function points out, or that they'll begin seeing other individuals, or worse, that they'll really such as getting on their own.Many of the people who write me want a concrete plan to maintain their spouse house. There are a number of points that could function, but they commonly don't feel instinctive and they need a jump of confidence, confidence, as well as a silent calm. Yet, they very typically function if you pull them off correctly. I'll define them in the complying with write-up(as well as additionally tell you the methods and also methods to avoid due to the fact that they just do not function and only press your partner even more away.)What Not To Do When You Try To Encourage Your Spouse
Not To Move Out: Before I tell you the important things that you ought to do, I wish to initial cover what you definitely need to refrain. The trouble with these little mistakes is that they really feel like the ideal thing to do at the time. Feelings run high and trigger you to really feel like you absolutely have to have a resolution right away. And, so usually you will certainly act first and believe later on. It's so vital that you obtain control over this cycle because it will force you to do things that not only will you regret, it's additionally fairly common that your spouse will proceed to limit his accessibility to you because of this actions. So, don't offer final words. Do not inform your spouse that they are mistaken or incorrect. Don't attempt to make them feel guilty or sorry for you. Do not use your kids as a bargaining tool or make threats. In short, do not join any kind of behaviors that are mosting likely to painting you in a not so lovely light.Obviously, if you intend to conserve your marital relationship, you're going to need for your partner to change his viewpoint of you from negative to favorable. And also overdoing adverse emotions or actions is just mosting likely to swing the pendulum right into adverse territory. So, modification training course and also concentrate on only favorable habits that are mosting likely to make him invest more time with you, not less.Agreeing And also Offering A Different To Removaling Out (Your Spouse Could Have Their Room Without Really Leaving): The very first thing that you're going to should dois to confirm your spouse. The worst error that you can make is to suggest or level out state that they are incorrect or that they are misunderstanding the situation. This places you on opposite sides, which is absolutely not where you desire to be. So, you should agree that the marital relationship is not going well, is flawed, as well as requires to transform considerably for both of your sakes. Concur that you both are entitled to happiness as well as fulfillment. Agree that a break may place points in viewpoint and give you the range that you need. Nonetheless, recommend that the range happens without your spouse in fact moving out.Alternatives are suggesting that he stick with good friends or family for a while, that he bunk in one more space of your residence, or that you make yourself limited(and potentially remain with friends)for a short time period. I understand that none of these alternatives may appear enticing right currently, however they function because you're providing to aid him get exactly what he desires, yet you're stalling his actually leaving. Of training course, when he takes you up on this, you need to make good on your guarantee to offer him his area. Don't cross the line and pester him with pleas to save the marital relationship or to solve points promptly. Often, range and time is in fact an excellent point due to the fact that it reduces the stress, places points in point of view, and also permits him the time to miss you.Putting Your Best Foot Forward During The Break: No issue whether he removals out or not, you'll should make some changes in exactly how you are being regarded. Obviously, if he wants to leave, he sees you in a negative instead of positive light right now. You should alter this as swiftly as you can. Rationale below is for him to recognize that his assumption, and also his response to it, are absolutely wrong.So, you'll should take a truthful take a look at the top qualities he likes most regarding you and also ensure that he understands that you still have them. If he loves your funny bone, after that you have to intensify it now. If affection has gone astray, you require to reveal him that you still worth, understand, and also value him.
He should be able to see that both people that fell in love are still players in this game, that he doesn't have to go it alone, which he's better off with you than without you.I know that this can seem like an uphill struggle when you're up until now apart or when he's no more easily accessible. Yet, comprehend that there will come a time when you both of you will certainly communicate, when that occurs, you want to show up to be the light hearted, delighted, hectic, open, and also certain individual that you are. You're revealing him a woman who wishes to save her marriage, yet who has enough self worth to keep doing the important things that make her satisfied and also better. Certainly, that includes him and you're attempting your finest to bring him back into the loop, yet you aren't exhibiting adverse habits and also you typically aren't playing video games to adjust him, just so you can go back to the broken things that are dissatisfying to you both. No, you're taking the high road and performing on your own with grace and you're positive that the space apart will enable him to see that he misses these points and you.