Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Loxahatchee Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving and Storage With Self Storage Companies
Moving is not just a demanding procedure, it can likewise be a very costly one. If you make use of specialist moving companies, the complete cost can vary from around $1,000 (for a small, local relocation) to even more compared to $20,000 (for a huge, cross-country or international relocation).
Right here a couple of tips on conserving cash on your relocation:
- Develop a budget plan. Utilize a budget plan to list all the expenditures of your approaching relocation, including all the line products from any type of quotes you obtain. Then utilize this as a preparation device to select the ideal offer at the ideal rate.
- Lose some weight. Most of the expenditure is driven by the weight of the products delivered. That implies that eliminating items from your step (specifically hefty items like old furnishings and also books) could reduce the last tab significantly. Purpose to minimize the total amount by 1/3.
- Access the very least 3 in-home quotes. Having reliable companies complete for your business does 2 things: it assists you bargain the cheapest rate as well as it aims out services that may not be essential for your situation. Use this process to determine your ideal alternative.
- See your truck rental quote like a hawk. Make certain you take out your calculator as well as totally approximate the cost of the base leasing, mileage, fuel, costs and also various other charges. You could be shocked about just how high the last total can be. Make sure to search and negotiate the most effective cost.
- Take into consideration choices. Look into "you load" relocating solutions, where you tons and unload the removaling container yourself and also only spend for the real transportation expenses. This is a wonderful option if you can encourage family and friends to assist with the physical moving of boxes as well as furnishings.
- Hold a backyard sale. Yes, I realize this seems foolish. You are pushed for time as well as do not assume it could increase much cash. Nonetheless, by selling products you'll no much longer require in your brand-new location, you'll cut down on the price of your step As Well As put from several hundred to over a thousand bucks in your pockets.
- Try to find free moving boxes. New removaling boxes are the very best, but there are choices. This one is challenging for two reasons: the incorrect sort of boxes can break or bring dirt as well as insects into your brand-new residence, so stay away from grocery shop create boxes and so forth. Rather, try duplicate paper boxes, your neighborhood alcohol shop (their boxes have the tendency to be extremely solid), book shops (all their publications come in publication boxes as well as bigger) and also your public library. NOTE: I advise you do buy 2 sort of brand-new boxes: "cell" boxes for holding glasses from the kitchen and closet boxes for packing garments, considering that they are invaluable and also are difficult to discover completely free.
Follow these 7 ideas as well as you'll be well on your method to conserving up to numerous numerous bucks on your following move or moving.