Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Bostwick Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
How to Wrap Furniture for Moving and Storage
Moving storage units are the current entrant right into the storage space industry. These systems stand for a convergence of storage and logistics solutions. Unlike when it comes to typical self storage space systems, where one has to take one's personal belongings to the system, right here shop systems are sent to the client's residence. The consumer could keep the products in the device and maintain it anywhere they suches as - in the yard itself, in the warehouse, or in a different location as specified by the client. In other words, these are mobile or portable shop devices available for hire.In numerous facets, removaling storage units are similar to traditional devices. As an example, warehouse proprietors do not permit nitroglycerins or guns to be kept in the units; or some of these units are environment regulated, as well as temperature level sensitive items like wines can be stored in them. However, portability of the units is a crucial factor. The adhering to are some tips for selecting and making use of moving storage space units.Mobile Storage versus Self Storage space Many individuals are perplexed whether to decide for a mobile store system or a self storage space device. Mobile shop units could be costlier than self storage systems-though not by much. Nevertheless, these systems offer more convenience and benefit to the customers. One does not have to pack all the things, take it to the shop devices, as well as put all the things once more in to keep area. One can conserve a couple of rounds of packaging and unpacking by working with a mobile shop unit.This is not to recommend that relocating storage systems are extra helpful than the conventional self storage units. Both have their own benefits. Inevitably the choice relies on the saving requirements of the customer, things to be kept, most likely duration of storage, and monetary ability of the customer.For Moving Purposes One certain area where mobile shop units are
definitely much better compared to standard store systems is relocation. As business of mobile systems provides a solution that is both saving as well as moving, it supplies a practical as well as adaptable option for individuals that are planning to relocate. They can hire an unit, keep their items in the device, demands the shop manager to maintain the system in a risk-free location, and established off to the new location with minimal baggage. This allows them to locate a brand-new home easily in the new place.The Rent Structure of Removaling Storage Units When it comes to mobile store devices, there are three kinds of rental fees,
rather than the only one sort of rental fee in case
of standard shop devices. The initial is the shipment fee when the employees of the warehouse deliver the vacant system or devices at the customer's residence. The second is the normal rental fee, and the third is the distribution fee at destination. The third one is not relevant if the customer keeps the system at his/her own house.How to Discover an Excellent Mobile Storage space Unit Not all storage space companies provide relocating storage units. The most effective way to find companies that supply this solution is to examine the web. There are some online directory sites solely for mobile store systems that supply location-specific details of such devices.