Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Zionsville Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Tips For Hiring Cheap Moving Pods
If you are planning to buy a shipping container, you might question what cost you will have to pay. You may also visit your computer to do a little pre-shopping online. There is a likelihood, though, that you will have a tough time finding concrete solutions to your concern about pricing. Shipping containers prices are not readily offered due to the fact that they rise and fall and also are depend on plenty of factors including just what modifications have actually been made to them.A twenty-foot steel storage space container is among the most frequently made use of container layouts. These portable containers work for delivering huge tons, giving home storage options, and also real estate small companies such as food suppliers. These containers are additionally wonderful for an individual that is relocating cross country or overseas. The cost for a new, fundamental version of a twenty-foot container is around 2,000. When modifications, e.g. an added door, a lock box, a refrigeration function, a brand-new paint task, or insulation, are added the cost might be practically dual at about 3,800. If you wish to buy a made use of twenty-foot container you can expect to pay as much as 1,500 for a fundamental and around 2,500 for one with some modifications. If you are acquiring you can of training course make self changes. A twenty-foot service will certainly set you back anywhere in between 50 and also 90 bucks each month. There may be a 50 to 100 dollar distribution fee.If you have a large thing like a car, or cumbersome products to ship, a forty-foot steel container could be excellent for you. A forty-foot container is a great bargain and also has several of the finest land based usages including structure low-cost real estate. For twice the length of a twenty-foot, a standard forty-foot container costs in between 2,500 and also 5,000. Modifications could include as much as 1,000 to 1,500 to this cost. A used variation of this container offers for as reduced as 1,750, while a version with several alterations might cost around 3,700. A forty-foot storage container is not as great of an offer when it is rented. Perhaps since it is more difficult to removal, it is typical that stores bill a delivery cost of in between 100 and 300 dollars. The cost of renting out a forty-foot container is usually in between 100 and 300 each month. There is, naturally, a minimum rental duration. This minimum rental duration might be anywhere from six to eighteen months.All of these
prices are based after exactly what people have actually claimed to pay for typical containers dimensions. It is hard to locate actual prices without getting a quote considering that there are many elements that influence prices. Some of these factors include container age, alterations such as pull-down doors or windows. The most effective way to locate out a guaranteed price is to speak to an array of firms with your specifications as well as get price quotes on new, utilized and rented out variations of the container you desire. If you decide to go shopping online, numerous on the internet sellers, such as Aztec Containers, use a link on their website for to obtain a quote.