Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Lemont Furnace Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving Companies for Automobile and Boat Moving
Moving storage systems are the latest participant into the storage market. These systems stand for a merging of storage and also logistics solutions. Unlike in the case of conventional self storage space units, where one has to take one's belongings to the system, here store devices are sent to the client's house. The client can keep the items in the device and also maintain it anywhere they likes - in the yard itself, in the warehouse, or in a different area as specified by the client. In brief, these are mobile or mobile shop devices available for hire.In many facets, relocating storage space devices resemble typical units. For instance, storehouse proprietors do not enable dynamites or weapons to be stored in the devices; or some of these devices are climate controlled, and also temperature level delicate products like wines could be saved in them. However, portability of the systems is a vital factor. The complying with are some pointers for picking as well as making use of removaling storage space units.Mobile Storage space versus Self Storage space Many individuals are confused whether to go with a mobile shop device or a self storage space system. Mobile store devices could be costlier than self storage units-though not by much. However, these systems supply even more convenience and also benefit to the clients. One does not have to pack all the products, take it to the store devices, as well as put all the products once more in to store space. One can conserve one or 2 rounds of packing and unpacking by employing a portable shop unit.This is not to recommend that removaling storage devices are more useful compared to the conventional self storage units. Both have their own benefits. Ultimately the decision depends on the keeping demands of the consumer, things to be saved, most likely period of storage space, and monetary capacity of the customer.For Moving Plans One certain location where mobile store systems are
unquestionably better than standard store systems is moving. As the business of mobile units uses a solution that is both keeping and also relocating, it offers a convenient as well as flexible alternative for people who are preparing to move. They can hire an unit, maintain their personal belongings in the unit, requests the store manager to maintain the system in a secure place, as well as triggered to the new location with minimal travel luggage. This enables them to find a brand-new residence conveniently in the brand-new place.The Rent Framework of Moving Storage space Units When it comes to mobile shop devices, there are 3 type of rental fees,
as opposed to the just one kind of rental fee in the instance
of standard shop units. The very first is the shipment cost when the workers of the storehouse deliver the vacant device or devices at the consumer's house. The 2nd is the typical lease, and also the third is the shipment charge at destination. The third one is not appropriate if the client keeps the device at his/her very own house.How to Locate a Good Mobile Storage Unit Not all storage services provide removaling storage units. The very best means to discover organizations that offer this service is to check the web. There are some online directories exclusively for mobile store devices that provide location-specific information of such devices.