Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Altamonte Springs Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving and Other Faux Pas Made Prior to Bankruptcy Filing
When SHELL ruptured onto the relocating scene in 1988 they totally transformed the self service removaling sector. Up up until this time the only alternative to complete service moving was renting a relocating vehicle. Relocating capsules use many benefits such as fast loading at ground degree and boosted versatility when it concerns the time your available loading time, however it is feasible to work with affordable removaling SHELLS? This short article examines this factor carefully and supplies pointers and guidance on just how you could accomplish the most inexpensive possible price for your relocation utilizing a SHEATHING container.So for the inexperienced just what is a removaling skins as well as just what are the main benefits of this sort of moving. The easiest method to describe points is to tell you what the word "HULL" means which is Portable On-Demand Storage. A pod is basically is storage container that is provided to your home, you pack it at your leisure; it is then chosen up again as well as required to your brand-new home. If essential it could be stored in between your action at a storehouse. The primary advantages over the other types of removaling discussed in the introduction to this post are:
& middot; You have up to a month to load your capsules and not a day
& middot; There is no driving involved on your part
& middot; There is a copyrighted lifting system which avoid moving of things as soon as have been filled into the container
Currently into the question of the best ways to obtain an economical removaling shell for your action. As with any type of relocating services, prices will vary at different times of the year. The summertime when need is high are most likely to be more costly than the cold weather. You can check this out by going to the VESSEL site http://www.pods.com and simply requesting a quote. Consequently if you have the adaptability one method of minimizing your total moving price is when you understand that need services will be at there lowest.Make sure when you
accept your quote you get the size of VESSEL container proper for your needs. If you ending up calling for additional area it will certainly cost you a lot much more in the lengthy run and you could kiss farewell to the concept of a low-cost moving POD.PODS are relatively inexpensive and also affordable for local moves. However this is not the situation for cross-country or Interstate relocations. If you are conforming a lengthy distance, contrast the COVERING quote thoroughly with various other relocating services and also ask on your own whether the benefit of CAPSULE is worth paying for.One final means to obtain a reduction is to try as well as get a discount rate on your SHUCK. Provide them a phone call, you might get lucky if a container has been emptied in your area.Conclusion As you can most likely appreciate by
now PODS have a numerous benefits for you the mover and it is feasible if your wise to obtain economical removaling pods. The main points to keep in mind are to avoid hiring coverings for long range relocations, vacate season to obtain a beneficial price ideally and finally get that discount!