Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Quakertown Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Strategies to Reduce Stress While Moving
When CAPSULE ruptured onto the moving scene in 1988 they completely changed the self service removaling market. Up till this time around the only alternative to complete moving was renting a removaling truck. Removaling husks supply numerous advantages such as fast loading at ground level and increased adaptability when it pertains to the moment your offered loading time, however it is possible to work with economical removaling SHELLS? This post examines this point in detail as well as supplies tips as well as advice on just how you can achieve the most inexpensive possible price for your action utilizing a HULL container.So for the unaware exactly what is a moving cases and also exactly what are the main advantages of this kind of relocating. The easiest means to clarify things is to tell you just what the word "PODS" indicates which is Portable On-Demand Storage space. A shuck is essentially is storage container that is provided to your home, you load it at your leisure; it is then grabbed again and also required to your brand-new home. If essential it can be saved in between your step at a warehouse. The primary advantages over the various other sorts of relocating gone over in the introduction to this post are:
& middot; You have up to a month to pack your capsules and also not a day
& middot; There is no driving included on your component
& middot; There is a patented training system which prevent changing of things once have actually been loaded into the container
Currently into the question of the best ways to get a low-cost removaling skin for your step. Just like any relocating services, rates will vary at different times of the year. The summer season months when need is high are likely to be extra expensive than the winter season. You can examine this out by visiting the CASE site http://www.pods.com and simply requesting a quote. Therefore if you have the adaptability one means of minimizing your overall relocating expense is when you know that need services will be at there lowest.Make sure when you
accept your quote you obtain the size of CAPSULE container correct for your requirements. If you ending up calling for additional area it will cost you a lot a lot more in the future and you could kiss goodbye to the concept of a low-cost removaling POD.PODS are relatively economical and also cost reliable for local relocations. However this is not the instance for cross-country or Interstate actions. If you are conforming a cross country, contrast the CAPSULE quote very carefully with various other removaling services and also ask yourself whether the comfort of SKIN deserves paying for.One final method to obtain a reduction is to attempt as well as get a discount rate on your SKIN. Provide a telephone call, you may obtain fortunate if a container has been cleared in your area.Conclusion As you could most likely value by
currently PODS have a lots of advantages for you the mover and it is feasible if your clever to obtain affordable moving capsules. The bottom lines to keep in mind are to prevent employing capsules for far away relocations, move out of period to obtain a beneficial price preferably as well as lastly obtain that discount rate!