Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Ashfield Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Using Pod Moving Containers For Your Next Move
When people transfer to a new home, they occasionally locate that they don't have sufficient space to bring all their properties with them. Preparing for a storage facility could feel like an additional hassle on top of the tensions of relocating, however fortunately is that there are several options available. Storage companies are basically large storage facilities or lockups that you could rent out, and they range in size from a box space to a location huge enough to keep a full home. Doing your research as well as reviewing your storage space needs prior to you start contacting companies at random is the ideal way to find the right storage alternative and also business for you.If you discover on your own in the position of having to vacate your old house prior to your brand-new house is all set to move right into, storage space could be incredibly hassle-free. It saves you the problem of needing to exercise exactly what to do with your points while you remain in this transition period. This could additionally give you an area to keep your possessions while you are determining whether to removal them right into your brand-new home or whether to offer them.Storage centers are also great alternatives when you discover on your own with as well much furnishings however nowhere to put it, since while basements as well as garages excel alternatives for short term storage, the typically aren't secured for the most parts versus the aspects and also could not be insured against mishaps, i.e. floods and fires.While it is feasible for your items to be harmed in storage space,
this is extremely unlikely, considering that you'll be provided a listing of items that you're examining in and also you should seize the day to inspect back then that everything is secure, covered and stacked or positioned well. It is always a great idea to research study storage space business by phone as well as in individual if feasible. Ask concerns like, just how much gain access to will I have to my furniture and valuables? What does it cost? notice will I should provide when I vacate my storage area? Just how protected are your storage areas? Exists a down payment required, as well as just how much is the monthly rent?Moving could be stressful, as well as discovering a storage space option may appear like an added anxiety, however with a little
research study as well as a little looking, you will certainly be able to locate a storage space solution that is appropriate for you and also for your scenario. This will certainly provide you with added tranquility of mind during your step.