Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Youngstown Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving Companies - For Better or Worse
The 2 most costly items a family might have to removal is either a car or boat. Both of these things represent a totally brand-new collection of challenges when removaling since of their size, as a result of insurance coverage purposes, and due to their well worth. Only a true specialist needs to be relied on when removaling your auto or your boat. It matters not if it is a close distance action, or a cross-country action, these products have actually to be moved effectively, and there are several safety alternatives to think about for relocating a car or boat.When moving an auto you have to consider how you want it to be removaled. There are a few various choices to choose from prior to you make the relocation. You can trailer your automobile or SUV, or whatever kind of lorry it is, behind one of the removaling vehicles. This is the most expense efficient procedure and also one of the most prominent. Several of the various other a lot more expensive choices take even more factor to consider right into the safety of the auto. You could select to have it relocated in an open-top trailer. This takes the car off the roadway, and also is a bit a lot more safe after that carrying behind a removaling vehicle, however will certainly set you back added obviously. The best choice for your valued car would certainly be to have it expertly relocated in a closed trailer. This makes certain nothing from the roadway will certainly touch your vehicle, as well as if it is a very expensive car, no one will know that it is being relocated in any way, since the trailer is closed.Moving a boat can be a little difficult.
If you work with an expert company that has removaled boats of any type of size, after that you will not need to stress over your watercraft taking a trip safely. If your watercraft gets on the water whatsoever times, and takes place to be extremely big, this will not be a problem to move whatsoever. A knowledgeable moving company will certainly draw your boat from the water for you, prepare it for the roadway trip by covering it and ensuring everything is solid on it, and afterwards trailer and also relocate for you. If your watercraft isn't really a huge boat, you can just have an insured moving company trailer it behind one of their vehicles throughout the relocating process.Because both of these items are worth so a lot in value, it would certainly be untrustworthy if you weren't mosting likely to hire a certified as well as professional moving company to ensure your vehicle or boat gets here to your new destination safely, as well as in a prompt way. With multiple different expense alternatives in mind, your autos or boats could be removaled also on the tightest moving budgets.