Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Liberty Corner Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Tips For Hiring Moving Storage Units
Your children have played together. Both other halves coordinated and set up that wood fence between your houses as well as mounted a gate in between the 2 yards. This next-door neighbor has been your precious pal. You have shared raising your kids, she considered that excellent blooming shrub out front, and you also shared your family dishes with her. Now they are moving. It is like a part of your household is crossing the country.You have both
stated you will certainly stay in touch with each other. You'll write and also she'll create. There will be the periodic call to and fro. You want to give her a gift that will certainly have some unique significance of your life together or will certainly proceed the nearness you have. Your neighbor likewise has her hands active with packing. You intend to offer her something that will assist. So, what do you do you offer to your dearest neighbor?I have a few ideas. Perhaps some of these will be just right.-If you are
much better at speaking compared to composing, after that stay in touch with telephone call. Acquisition a far away calling card to talk. Discover a card with an image of the plant she gave you, or 2 houses side by side, or various other icon of your friendship.-Your neighbor will certainly need to inform every person of her address modification. Pick up a Mail address modification package at the article workplace and also complete her old as well as brand-new addresses for her.-Get a brand-new personal digital assistant as well as have all the neighbors include
their info it.-Go through your old photos and also placed with each other a photo publication of all
the times you have actually shared together.-As a remembrance of your long enduring friendship, get a plant or little tree for your neighbor to plant in her new yard.-Find or create a rhyme of your relationship, type or do calligraphy on stationery and also framework it to
be awaited her brand-new home.-Find a door floor covering with their surname engraved on it.-If your neighbor has a pet, obtain a brand-new canine tag with his name and new address as well as phone number.-Get a quite box of stationery, stamp each envelope as well as compose your address on each.-If it's mosting likely to be a lengthy trip in the car to their new town, put with each other a barbecue basket with all the goodies that the family likes.-When they arrive, your next-door neighbors are going to have their hands full with unpacking. Created a basket of canned meats, cheese, as well as biscuits that will aid on a weary night.-Get present discount coupons from national pizza parlors,
quick obtain areas. This will help for the trip and those evenings of unpacking.