Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Lickingville Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving Tips - 5 Money Saving Moving Tips
There are a great deal of relocating business worldwide. Exactly how do you understand which is the one that will ideal match your requirements and give you great solution right? For all you understand, relocating can be a difficult stage of life which needs careful planning and research. When you are shifting or moving to an additional area, the initial point on your mind is that all your possessions have to arrive unscathed, in your new apartment.The post that you
are checking out and the ones that are positioned along with will lay all your worries to relax, because we have in location superb devices, tips, ideas, as well as standards which will certainly tell you how you might move to your brand-new home or workplace without any kind of tension. As a matter of fact you might just delight in the process of moving!It is better to let the professionals as well as removaling experts manage the procedure of moving. When you hire a reputed relocating company, you will certainly get top quality solution at a high rate. So, it is important to conserve some money ahead of time to make sure that you might employ a relocating firm comfortably. Having stated that, you likewise have to consider your budget. After taking into consideration what does it cost? cash you could manage to spend on a moving company you could think about the numerous services you would certainly desire a moving company to finish for your step. If you have a higher budget you could want a business that can do just everything for you, yet if you are on a stringent spending plan you may only need a company that will certainly fill, move and also discharge while you do all the packing and supplies. Your spending plan will aid you choose what sort of solutions you need.We can help your relocation locally, do cross-country relocations or even removal globally.
We would certainly aid you locate out the right sort of relocating companies which recognize with your area, and also are additionally outfitted with the knowledge to removal your possessions on schedule. The removaling business that will give you the quotes are the ones that are qualified as well as abide by the state and also government regulations. You could break out, no commitment quotes as well as quotes from automobile transportation business, moving companies, worldwide movers, self relocating services, storage etc.To make your choice in discovering a removaling business, ask others around you who have used such solutions. This is just one of the very best helps in discovering a relocating company that gets the job done, does the work well and on schedule. If you do not know any person that has utilized a relocating company previously, we likewise have a couple of other great suggestions as well as suggestions for you.To boost your removaling experience and assist you relocate with diligent preparation, we have likewise given specialized relocating guides, storage space overviews, packaging guide and overseas moving
overview, replete with pointers on exactly how you could deal with your belongings when you relocate. In conclusion, we have actually consisted of every little thing that you would need right from choosing a relocating business to obtaining the very best out of it.