Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Alturas Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
What to Do If Your Spouse Wants to Move Out
Mobile as needed moving containers are more recent removaling and storage things that many moving firms supply. Rather than setting up for a relocating vehicle to pack, drive and also unload your items, people could pick the more affordable, more adaptable route. Homeowners could lease husk relocating containers that provide the alternative of packaging and filling house things themselves rather than paying moving companies to do the job.Many relocating firms now provide these portable storage devices so that people have the choice of relocating comfortably and financially. One such business, Pack-Rat ® has devices that are sizable storage devices that are available for individuals that need to move a great deal of things. There are 2 generous sizes offered to pick from: 12 feet and 16 feet storage units. Twelve feet containers can hold up to two spaces of furnishings and sixteen feet containers could hold three or four rooms.As with all mobile storage units, cost-free quotes are typically readily available to give clients a concept of what does it cost? each hull expenses. Pack-Rat ® containers are the only cash back assured skins on the market, so customers could really feel positive they are obtaining a reliable item. The containers can be delivered to customers within 24 Hr, so there is no prolonged delay time.Pack-Rat ® sheaths are designed to keep their client's prized possessions risk-free as well as protected throughout the entire removaling process.
The steel container is built to keep the entire framework from obtaining harmed from vandals or the aspects. Few burglars will certainly be vibrant sufficient to tamper with a metal container, however they could not enter even if they try.The customer is the only one who has the crucial as well as no person else could access the container either at your home or in Pack-Rat's ® storage space facility. People could concentrate on relocating without stressing over if their valuables are fine or otherwise. The system can be comfortably kept in the driveway or on the garage as consumers can load their containers on their own schedule.Pack-Rat ® husk moving containers offer their customers lots of space as well as versatility to deal with. The units are safe, climate managed and also sufficient to hold a big quantity of furnishings and boxes
. Many people incline shell containers since of the method the units are stored as well as transported while remaining degree the whole time. Property owners could trust their precious valuables to a company that maintains furnishings as well as fragile items from damages and also breakage.