Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Hesston Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Gifts for Neighbors Who are Moving Away
Removaling is not only a stressful procedure, it could also be a really pricey one. If you make use of specialist movers, the complete cost can range from around $1,000 (for a little, local relocation) to greater than $20,000 (for a huge, cross-country or global step).
Here a few tips on saving cash on your step:
- Produce a budget. Make use of a spending plan to list all the expenses of your future move, including all the line products from any type of price quotes you receive. After that use this as a preparation device to choose the best deal at the finest rate.
- Shed some weight. Many of the expense is driven by the weight of the things transported. That means that getting rid of items from your step (particularly heavy products like old furnishings and books) could lower the final tab significantly. Purpose to lower the total amount by 1/3.
- Access least 3 at home estimates. Having trustworthy firms contend for your company does 2 points: it assists you work out the most affordable price and also it explains services that may not be required for your scenario. Use this procedure to identify your ideal option.
- Enjoy your vehicle rental estimate like a hawk. Make certain you pull out your calculator as well as totally approximate the price of the base leasing, gas mileage, fuel, fees and other charges. You could be surprised regarding just how high the final overall can be. Make certain to search and also negotiate the most effective cost.
- Consider alternatives. Explore "you pack" removaling solutions, where you load as well as dump the removaling container yourself as well as only spend for the actual transport prices. This is a terrific option if you could persuade loved ones to assist with the physical moving of boxes and also furnishings.
- Hold a garage sale. Yes, I realize this sounds silly. You are pressed for time as well as don't think it could raise much money. Nonetheless, by selling things you'll not need in your brand-new location, you'll reduce the price of your action AND ALSO put from several hundred to over a thousand dollars in your pockets.
- Try to find totally free removaling boxes. New moving boxes are the most effective, yet there are options. This one is challenging for 2 factors: the incorrect type of boxes can damage or bring dirt as well as pests into your new home, so guide clear of grocery shop generate boxes and so forth. Instead, try duplicate paper boxes, your regional liquor shop (their boxes tend to be very solid), bookstores (all their books come in book boxes and larger) and also your library. NOTE: I recommend you do spend in 2 kinds of new boxes: "cell" boxes for holding glasses from the kitchen area and also wardrobe boxes for loading clothing, since they are important and also are hard to discover for complimentary.
Comply with these 7 ideas and also you'll be well on your means to saving approximately numerous numerous dollars on your following step or relocation.