Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Altamonte Springs Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving and Storage
Everyone needs to removal at some time. Possibly it's for new task, college, to obtain closer to household or simply since one seems like it yet felt confident it will certainly take place. Of training course, moving to some has the capacity to earn one's hair to drop out. Essentially, it could be exceptionally stressful to relocate. Well today I have some pointers to make the process less chaotic as well as possibly even extra fun. Would not you intend to have a good time while relocating? Certainly you would.1.
Strategy Ahead.This cannot be emphasized enough. Constantly plan ahead before you move. It just makes feeling to what you want to require to the new house as well as just what has to left behind forever. Make a system so that you understand which products enter into specific boxes. Simply puts, attempt to load your whole cooking area materials in one container, living area items need to likewise be together and more. Doing so will conserve a heap of time and make the whole process go a lot more smoothly.2.
Get the Aid of Buddies and also Family.These individuals are right here to aid and are constantly eager too. At least, often willing too! This aids take the work lots off you shoulders which hefty lifting can be quiet the tons if you have lots of stuff. If nothing else I make sure somebody owes you a favor as well as if you're relocating to a brand-new city this might be the very last possibility to pay it in.3. Have a Yard Sale or Donate to Charity.You don't require all that junk you have. Opportunities are random items have accumulated in the basements, attic rooms, and also storage rooms that no one even understood were there. You truly have a possibility to aid the area one last time by contributing this things to charity. If that isn't really a choice, just having a garage sale is an excellent way to have one last get together with the neighbors.So there you have it, 3 tips to assist make the process of moving a lot more fun. Proceed and also try them out and really feel the tension triggered by moving disappear. Ideally the next time you removal, you can take a little pleasure from the program of the action. Satisfied moving!