Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Nalcrest Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Strategies to Reduce Stress While Moving
There are a whole lot of moving firms all over the world. Just how do you recognize which is the one that will best suit your requirements and also give you great service right? For all you recognize, relocating could be a difficult stage of life which calls for careful planning and study. When you are moving or relocating to one more location, the initial thing on your mind is that all your possessions must get here in one piece, in your new apartment.The article that you
are checking out and also the ones that are put alongside will lay all your concerns to relax, because we have in place exceptional tools, suggestions, tips, and standards which will inform you just how you can relocate to your brand-new apartment or condo or workplace with no anxiety. In fact you could simply delight in the process of moving!It is better to allow the experts and removaling specialists handle the procedure of removaling. When you work with a reputed moving company, you will obtain quality service at a high cost. So, it is sensible to conserve some money upfront to ensure that you can work with a removaling company conveniently. Having claimed that, you also require to think of your budget. After taking into consideration what does it cost? cash you can afford to invest in a moving company you could believe concerning the numerous solutions you would certainly desire a moving company to complete for your relocation. If you have a greater budget plan you might desire a business that could do simply everything for you, however if you are on a strict budget you may just call for a business that will fill, move as well as unload while you perform all the packing as well as supplies. Your spending plan will help you choose what sort of services you need.We could aid your action in your area, do cross-country moves or also removal internationally.
We would certainly assist you figure out the right kind of removaling firms which are acquainted with your location, and also are likewise furnished with the know-how to move your belongings on schedule. The moving companies that will give you the quotes are the ones that are qualified and also follow by the state and also government regulations. You can secure free, no commitment quotes and also estimates from automobile transportation companies, relocating business, worldwide moving companies, self moving services, storage space etc.To make your option in locating a removaling firm, ask others around you that have actually used such services. This is one of the most effective aids in finding a removaling business that does the task, gets the job done well and also on time. If you do not know anybody that has utilized a relocating business before, we also have a few other great pointers and ideas for you.To improve your removaling experience as well as also assist you relocate with persistent planning, we have additionally offered specialized removaling guides, storage overviews, packaging guide and overseas removaling
overview, teeming with suggestions on how you might look after your possessions when you relocate. Altogether, we have included whatever that you would certainly require right from selecting a relocating business to obtaining the very best from it.