Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Port Saint Joe Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
How to Wrap Furniture for Moving and Storage
When people relocate to a brand-new home, they in some cases discover that they don't have enough area to bring all of their properties with them. Arranging for a storage space center may look like an added headache in addition to the tensions of relocating, yet fortunately is that there are several options available. Storage space business are generally large warehouses or lockups that you could rent, and they vary in size from a box room to a location big sufficient to keep a full residence. Doing your research and reviewing your storage space requires prior to you start contacting firms at arbitrary is the very best means to locate the appropriate storage option and also business for you.If you discover yourself in the placement of needing to removal out of your old residence prior to your new house is ready to relocate right into, storage space can be exceptionally hassle-free. It conserves you the trouble of needing to exercise exactly what to do with your points while you remain in this shift period. This could likewise give you a location to keep your valuables while you are determining whether to move them right into your brand-new home or whether to offer them.Storage facilities are additionally excellent alternatives when you discover on your own with way too much furnishings but nowhere to put it, due to the fact that while cellars as well as garages excel choices for short-term storage, the typically aren't safeguarded most of the times against the aspects and also could not be guaranteed against mishaps, i.e. floods and fires.While it is feasible for your items to be damaged in storage space,
this is extremely unlikely, given that you'll be offered a listing of possessions that you're signing in as well as you need to take the chance to examine at that time that every little thing is secure, closed as well as piled or placed well. It is constantly a good suggestion to research storage space companies by phone and also personally when possible. Ask concerns like, just how much gain access to will I need to my furniture and items? Just how much notice will I require to offer when I vacate my storage room? Just how secure are your storage space areas? Exists a down payment called for, and exactly how much is the month-to-month rent?Moving can be difficult, as well as discovering a storage solution could look like an included stress and anxiety, but with a little
study and a little searching, you will be able to discover a storage service that is right for you and also for your scenario. This will supply you with added peace of mind throughout your action.