Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Ashfield Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving Tips - 5 Money Saving Moving Tips
Removaling can be extremely wearisome, especially if you have a great deal of points to relocate. Packing up all your things, appropriately, working with a truck, filling the truck, driving the truck to your new residence, and afterwards discharging the vehicle once again. It's extremely time-consuming and also it possibly makes you exhausted simply thinking of it. Subsequently, several individuals elect to employ specialist moving business to take on all or most of these tasks.The truth is
that, while hiring a removaling company could help you save time and headache, choosing the wrong moving companies could add up to even more pain than you desire to consider. To secure yourself and also your prized possessions, you could desire to consider a couple of things prior to choosing a business to move your things.Some indicate consider prior to you pick a moving firm.1 )Exactly which components of the relocation do you want delegate to the relocating company.Needless to say, anything you need the mover to do will
be shown in their expense. Possibly the most common scenario is that individuals will load their very own items and after that work with a removaling company to lots transportation and dump all packages. Often people, especially if they could be removaling cross-country, will lease a big truck and use a crew to pack their products as well as fill the vehicle. After that they will drive the truck cross-country themselves as well as greater a crew at the other end to discharge the vehicle again. Naturally others will certainly use a relocating company to do absolutely whatever, from loading their items, filling, transporting as well as unboxing and getting rid of boxes as well as packaging products at the new location.2)Your spending plan, exchanging loan for convenience.The truth is you can employ someone to do practically anything, for a rate
when it pertains to movers and also removaling nothing could be closer
to the fact. If your funds are restricted, you we'll have to balance your funds with a certain quantity of sweat equity. Subsequently you might need to execute much of the job on your own and after that merely pay the movers to do those jobs that are the most tough. Compare price quotes from numerous moving business as well as try to find one of the most sensible rate for the work you require done. Keep in mind: Constantly inspect a relocating firms recommendations, as with lots of points, the most affordable price is not constantly the most effective bargain.4 )Is your moving company sufficiently guaranteed to shield your belongings from loss and damage?You most likely have a great deal of money bought things as well as there is constantly a level
of risk when you move them. The expense of an accidental accident during transportation can be substantial. A removaling firm, also a top rated one, will generally be guaranteed to satisfy standard requirements however, if you wish to be completely covered for every possibility, it would be important to buy added removaling insurance for your overall comfort.3)Going the distance.Long-distance moves are an extremely various animal from regional steps. Moving fars away generally requires higher cost as well as requires a much more knowledgeable and properly certified removaling firm.
Moving from one state to another
or province to province is generally not executed by regional movers. Long-distance relocations usually call for specific documentation in addition to a number of other factors to consider special to this kind of relocation. One extremely important element of scheduling a long-distance relocating firm is the issue of the lead time. Many cross country movers call for breakthrough scheduling as well as will need as much advance notification as possible.5)Reputation is every little thing particularly when it involves a removaling company You've most likely listened to tales about individuals's disappointments with moving firms. You could have also seen misstep experiences shown in funny motion pictures for laughs, however in the actual globe there is nothing amusing regarding finding busted or absent products after the moving companies have actually finished up as well as left. often all the insurance on the planet can not change a product that has special nostalgic value. You would like to know that the relocating business you pick will treat all your personal belongings with the same treatment that you would certainly. It could not be emphasized sufficient that the relocating firm you choose need to have the most effective referrals available and it's essential for you to do your greatest to discover whatever you can about the removaling business you choose.Your moving company must be a participant of the Better Organisation Bureau and also ideally the longer they have stayed in business the far better. As it is hard for a moving firm to remain in organisation for long if they do poor work, normally movers that have actually been in service a long period of time will certainly be a lot more dependable. Nowadays, examining a relocating business'track record as well as
background of handling issues is easy to search for by doing a search on the net as well as checking straight with Bbb complaints records.Some final ideas on selecting the right removaling company.Depending on the value of your possessions as well as the range will certainly be moving them, you might wish to consider employing the services of relocating agent. For practical payment a removaling agent will make a skilled price quote of the volume and weight of your components and also act as a go between matching your demands as well as budget with
a trustworthy mover, storage space if needed, insurance coverage, etc.You can,
naturally do this process on your own nevertheless, you will certainly need to prepare yourself before hand with a listing of inquiries for the various removaling business you will be getting in touch with as well as a proper quantity of time to perform detailed meetings with each company.When estimating your insurance coverage needs it's crucial to bear in mind that a lot of commonly we will ignore the worth of our belongings because they have actually been gotten over a time period however, if you ought to experience the misery of needing to replace all of your points you might be in for a shock when you recognize the price of changing every little thing at today's costs.