Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Eastport Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Gifts for Neighbors Who are Moving Away
When individuals move to a new house, they in some cases locate that they don't have sufficient space to bring all of their properties with them. Setting up for a storage center might look like an added hassle on top of the stress and anxieties of moving, but the great news is that there are many options readily available. Storage space business are generally big storehouses or lockups that you could rent, as well as they range in dimension from a box room to a location huge sufficient to keep a total house. Doing your research study and evaluating your storage space needs prior to you start contacting business randomly is the very best method to find the right storage choice and company for you.If you discover on your own in the setting of having to move out of your old home prior to your new residence is all set to move right into, storage space could be incredibly convenient. It conserves you the problem of having to function out just what to do with your things while you remain in this transition duration. This could additionally provide you an area to store your belongings while you are determining whether to removal them into your new home or whether to market them.Storage centers are additionally excellent choices when you discover on your own with way too much furniture yet nowhere to put it, because while cellars and also garages ready alternatives for short-term storage, the aren't secured in many cases versus the components as well as might not be insured against mishaps, i.e. floodings and also fires.While it is possible for your items to be harmed in storage space,
this is very unlikely, considering that you'll be provided a listing of personal belongings that you're inspecting in as well as you need to seize the day to examine at that time that whatever is protected, closed as well as piled or positioned well. It is constantly a smart idea to study storage space firms by phone and also face to face when possible. Ask questions like, just how much gain access to will I need to my furniture and valuables? Just how much notification will I have to give when I leave my storage room? Exactly how safe and secure are your storage spaces? Is there a down payment called for, as well as just how much is the monthly rent?Moving can be demanding, and locating a storage space solution might appear like an included stress, but with a little
study as well as a little searching, you will have the ability to locate a storage service that is appropriate for you as well as for your scenario. This will certainly give you with included tranquility of mind throughout your step.