Hiring a good moving company is vitally important when it comes to reducing stress levels when moving home. So what do you need to look for in a company to give you that added assurance that things will run smooth on the day of your move?
- Use a reputable company
- Careful packaging
Before the date of your move, it is likely you will receive a visit from the company you will be hiring. This is your chance to ask all the questions you need to ensure you have the peace of mind in knowing that your belongings are in good hands.
A good tip is to write down what you want to know before the day you meet with the company, this way you won’t forget anything. Write down anything that comes to mind regardless of how obvious some of the questions might be.
The more preparation that goes into your move the less stress you feel when it comes to the day of your move.
Lickingville Moving Companies – Get Moving!
Summer time is prime moving time for families. Many families save big cross country moves until summer so their kids won't miss any school. One parent may have already started working in another city or state, but they commute back and forth every week until it is time for the big move.
My family has moved three times in the last two years and I moved all the time as a kid, so I consider myself a moving expert. Whether you are planning your first move or your tenth, it will go more smoothly with some advance planning. I have put together a moving check-list by month to keep you from forgetting important information.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE MOVE
* You don't need to fill the moving van with items you don't need anymore. Clean out your old house by having a garage sale and donating items that don't sell to a charity.
* Call your friends and family and schedule time with them before you move. Put the dates on a calendar. Your life will get crazy and you want to make time to see everyone before you move.
* Meet with several moving companies and obtain estimates. Ask for references from previous clients before choosing a moving company.
* If you are packing yourself you need to start collecting boxes for the move. You always need more than you think. YOu will also need plenty of packing tape.
* Buy a special notebook or binder to keep all of the important move information. You can keep the phone number of realtors, moving companies, utilities, schools, etc. in one handy location.
ONE MONTH BEFORE THE MOVE
* Begin gathering all of the school and medical records you need for your family. The schools in your new town will need records from the previous school. Gather records from doctors and dentists to take to your new doctors. It is much easier to get them now, than to try to get them later. Don't forget to get pet records from your veterinarian.
* Fill out a change of address card at the post office. Send postcards to friends and relatives announcing your new address.
* Tell the following businesses about your new address:
Credit card companies
Magazines or newspapers you subscribe to
Employer (to forward last paycheck)
* Start packing basements or little used areas of your house such as the attic or the garage.
* Set up bank accounts in your new city.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
* Make any special arrangements for the day of the move for your children or your pets. While the boxes are being loaded onto the moving van you may want pets and very small children to stay with relatives or a babysitter for the day. The house will be wide open, the air will be off and there will be a lot of noise and confusion. Once my cat was bubblewrapped inside a sofa during a moving day. It took a long time to figure out where she was.
* Get valuables out of your safe deposit box. Keep them with you during the move. Have the money from your existing bank accounts wired to your new accounts. It may take another week or two for all of your checks to clear so you can close out old accounts.
* Set up a date to turn off your old utilities and turn on the utilities at the new house. Don't forget to subscribe to the paper in your new town if you read a paper every morning. If you have been a good utility customer you should be able to get your deposits back.
* Start using the food in the refrigerator so there won't be much left on the day of the move. Defrost your freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
DAY OF THE MOVE
* Have a box of items that need to come off the moving truck first. This box will contain cleaning supplies, brooms, dustpans, etc. You will probably need to clean up some of the rooms in your new house before the boxes are unloaded.
* Double-check every closet, cupboard, and room before you lock up the house and leave.
* Tip your movers before they leave in the moving van. Moving is hard work and they deserve it.
Moving - 7 Tips For Saving Money
There are a great deal of removaling companies around the globe. Just how do you recognize which is the one that will best fit your requirements and also provide you great service completely? For all you know, moving could be a tough phase of life which requires careful preparation and research. When you are moving or relocating to another area, the initial point on your mind is that your personal belongings must show up intact, in your new apartment.The post that you
are reading as well as the ones that are placed together with will certainly lay all your fears to rest, because we have in place outstanding tools, ideas, recommendations, as well as standards which will certainly inform you just how you could relocate to your new apartment or condo or workplace with no stress and anxiety. In reality you could simply delight in the procedure of moving!It is much better to allow the experts as well as moving experts manage the procedure of moving. When you employ a reputed moving company, you will certainly obtain top quality solution at a high cost. So, it is smart to save some loan ahead of time to ensure that you might work with a relocating company conveniently. Having stated that, you likewise require to believe about your budget. After thinking about exactly how much money you can pay for to invest in a moving company you could believe concerning the various services you would certainly want a moving company to complete for your action. If you have a higher spending plan you could desire a firm that could do simply whatever for you, however if you get on a rigorous budget you might just need a company that will load, removal and dump while you do all the packaging and stocks. Your budget plan will certainly help you determine just what sort of services you need.We can assist your relocation locally, do cross-country steps or even move globally.
We would certainly help you learn the ideal kind of relocating firms which know with your location, and also are likewise geared up with the knowledge to removal your personal belongings promptly. The relocating companies that will offer you the quotes are the ones that are qualified and follow by the state and government laws. You can secure free, no commitment quotes as well as estimates from auto transport companies, relocating business, international moving companies, self moving solutions, storage etc.To make your choice in finding a moving business, ask others around you who have actually utilized such solutions. This is among the ideal helps in finding a relocating business that gets the job done, does the task well and promptly. If you aren't sure any person that has utilized a relocating firm before, we additionally have a couple of other terrific tips and concepts for you.To boost your removaling experience as well as likewise help you relocate with attentive preparation, we have actually also provided specialized relocating overviews, storage space overviews, packaging overview and also abroad moving
overview, teeming with ideas on exactly how you can care for your personal belongings when you move. All in all, we have consisted of every little thing that you would certainly require right from choosing a moving company to obtaining the most effective out of it.